This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLC extreme cheapskates

Okay TLC has another annoying show, to go with their extreme couponing. Its called extreme cheapskates. Most of the people have good ideas and I agree with some of them. But the one woman makes her family used scraps of material for toliet paper. But the last guy takes the fucking cake.
    He has never worked, his wife does. He even laughs and says I needed dental surgery and so I proposed to my girlfriend. We got married on a tuesday and I got my dental surgery on a wednesday. Also its his 25th wedding annversery so he goes dumpster diving. He finds a four dead roses , I mean the frickin petals are falling off. He says laughing oh just clean them up a little.
    Then he goes to the liquidation store and finds some animal crackers for 29 cents. He says once again laughing well she loves animals and they arent even expired. Then he says oh she loves bottled water and heres one for .15 cents, and then he finds one of those squeeze head things where the eyes pop out when squeezed .He just stands and laughs like a nut, while squeezing it. He says well she never expect anything too great.
    He also when in resturants takes food off peoples plates after they leave. He also goes around and asks people if they are done and takes their food.
    I mean really this guy is an ass. I mean really it your 25th. If you dont have money then write her a poem or a song. Or even go out and dig up a fern from the woods. I think I would cry and ask him if this is what he thinks of me. The only thing made me not hate this man is with the savings he recsues dogs.

Heres a story
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...eapskates.html

Heres a video
    http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/extr...sary-gift.html
    Last edited by candyshopgirl; 01-10-2012, 07:25 PM.

Ok, there's savings and then there's savings at the expense of others.

I feel so bad for that woman. I didn't see the stuff about the restaurant or the store, but I can just imagine it.

Comment

Ugh, that whole "family cloth" thing is so disgusting. It's okay to pinch pennies here and there, but it goes into gross WTF territory when the whole family wipes with the same piece of cloth. I would hate to see a family full of uber-cheap diabetics - they'd probably use the same needle amongst everyone for years to save money.

I wonder what that last guy proposed with - maybe he gave her a gumball machine ring like my ex did when he tried to propose to me. This dude must have an enormous dick if this woman was willing to stay with him for two and a half decades when he does such charming things as gift-shopping strictly in dumpsters and picks food off strangers' plates like a homeless bum.

And of course these lunatic cheapskates are always so proud of themselves too. "Oh I did all my Christmas shopping in the dumpster behind Wal-Mart - I'm sure the family will love the empty boxes and spools of packing tape I got for them." It's not to say discarded or second-hand things wouldn't make good gifts - but there's a fucking limit.

Comment

There's a HUGE difference between being frugal versus being a cheapskate. I can't believe people would take it to such an extreme level to be so fucking stingy save money! Dumpster diving, the family using the same cloth squares to wipe with in the bathroom and scrounging off other people's plates in public is just not only disgusting but so damn stingy it makes Mr. Krabs look like a big spender! It's one thing to get stuff at a consignment shop, generic or in a thrift store but dumpster diving?! EW!
        Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 01-12-2012, 03:38 AM.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
          But the last guy takes the fucking cake.
          I hated this guy, even the rescuing dogs part didn't make up for it, at all. He even reused a card! Which I'm sure he didn't buy. I have NO idea how his wife stays with him, I felt so bad for her, he made me so angry when he was searching for gifts for her. UGH
          I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

I always looked at it this way. Frugal people save money but their efforts don't hurt others, cheapskates save money at other peoples expense.

Pretty disgusting really.
            I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I hope the big honchos of this show don't find my Dad.

Nearly 90% of the "treasures" that my dad owns, he found on the side of the road. No matter what the condition of the item or what the item is.

He once brought home a tape (remember tapes?) he found on the side of the road 10 or so years ago, it was all wound up and messed up, he undid the knotting and "fixed" it, and wanted my brother or me to try to see if it would play.

He's also brought multiple scratched CDs home off the road, and wanted us to see if they worked.

People throw them out the window because A) they are litterbugs and B) THEY DON'T WORK!
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
                Also its his 25th wedding annversery
                She stayed with him for 25 years?! I wouldn't stay with him for 25 seconds! I have no problem with frugality, but that goes beyond.
                Quoth Kiwi View Post
                Frugal people save money but their efforts don't hurt others, cheapskates save money at other peoples expense.
                That's right on target. Nothing wrong with using coupons or buying stuff on sale, but when you're dumpster diving for your wife's anniversary gift, you're not being "thrifty", you're just a cheap bastard, and you deserve what you give others: nothing but crap!
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I refuse to watch any of what I consider the 'freak shows" on TLC, especially since many of the incidents are staged and scripted

Comment

I saw the preview of the take leftover food off plates at restaurants guy. If someone did that to me and I was done, If possible I would find a side station with trash can and dump it.

If I owned the restaurant, I would not allow them in again after they attempted that.

I'm all for ways of saving money using reasonable methods, shut lights off, turn down the heat, etc. Just like the Coupon show it is made up of people who need serious mental help.

Comment

I don't know what the TP lady is using, but she claims that at about the 40 second mark on the zap2it link video, that bacteria can not survive the "harsh conditions" in washing machine.

From experience in the food industry to sanitize plates, forks, etc, they mush be have a 180 F water rinse and reach 160 F IIRC or a very specific PPM of a sanitizing chemical. I highly doubt her washing machine can do that.

Comment

Well I sure hope it's worth saving $200 a year on toilet paper when the whole family gets sick from wiping with each other's shit and has to go to the hospital. Assuming they'd go and not use herbal remedies or "faith healing" or any other cheap or free remedies that won't work.

Comment

My brother and I have a joke that my dad goes to the bathroom in the dark to save 3 cents by not turning the light on.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth ShadowBall View Post
                            Well I sure hope it's worth saving $200 a year on toilet paper when the whole family gets sick from wiping with each other's shit and has to go to the hospital. Assuming they'd go and not use herbal remedies or "faith healing" or any other cheap or free remedies that won't work.
                            Not only that, but in the scheme of things, $200 a year is barely more than $15 a month... seriously, downgrade your cable and switch to hulu and/or netflix and you'll save at least twice that. Some savings just aren't worth it.
                            Not only that, but if she is washing it in hot water and bleach (i'm assuming she uses bleach... please say she is using bleach)... the cost of hot water over cold will seriously eat into any savings she gets.
                            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

If you watch the sale flyers, toilet paper frequently (every couple months or so) goes on sale for roughly 25 cents per roll (brand I use - might need to get different package size than I normally do, or double rolls instead of single). By keeping a couple months supply on hand, I never have to get it when it's not on sale.

The extreme cheapskate probably spends more on energy (hot water, running the laundry) and supplies washing the cloth wipes than she would on TP if she did what I do. All it would take would be a bit of foresight, and storage space for a couple months supply.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X