This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth lordlundar View Post
    No, they fired the top earners and told them they could reapply for entry level pay.
    Which basically killed off the company. In the annals of stupid management decisions, that one has to be in the top ten.

I think the correct analogy is to IBM. If you're not tops, you're canned, even if you are competent and do go work.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      Pay is one thing - pay and respect is far better. Rapscallion
      My last FF job was at a fairly good store with mostly good managers. I didn't care about pay because it was fine for a 2nd job. The one problem was the breakfast manager, who talked about everyone when they weren't around. She also threw fits and yelled at us in front of customers. I'm not excusing my often mediocre service, but she did not help me to be happy to be there. Yeah, I should've given better service somtimes, but FF isn't for me. I don't respect the product and don't appreciate being treated like a child by managers and customers.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Uh no. They can just get rid of the idiots that cannot comprehend what "only ketchup" means on a plain cheeseburger. I say this mostly towards the morons at McDonalds who think it means "load it up with everything but ketchup!"
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
          No, they fired the top earners and told them they could reapply for entry level pay.
          I think the same thing happened yhears ago at Home Depot. The company founders hired experienced ex-trades people to staff their stores (at a slightly elevated pay rate).

Sometime later a new CEO came in and did an ax job on all the experienced people and hired a bunch of newbie minimum wage people.

Business suffered. I wonder why????
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
            Once, when on a low-carb diet, I ordered a cheeseburger at Wendy's, plain, no bun. I guess "plain" means "no cheese either"...
            I would not fault them for that, plain means different things to different people. I would agree that if someone orders a cheeseburger plan no bun that they do want the cheese but some customers might not be that smart.

I took a pizza order years ago and they ordered two Meat Lovers pizzas, one no pork. I asked them did they mean no Pork topping or no topping with pork in it. They confirmed the second option. Meaning no pepperoni, ham, pork, sausage, or bacon. Just beef.

Comment

Working...
            X