This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook and app requests

Ok I want to appologize to any of you who have added me as a friend and are innudated by app game requests. My mom gets on my page and plays the facebook games (I know, not supposed to do that but meh). I've tried to show her how to send out requests to only those playing the games, but it is like trying to teach a rabbit how to swing from a vine...so please please just block the apps if they are a pain in the neck?
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

That's what I've been doing. It's ok It's not difficult to just deny the request and block the app. Doesn't bother me.

Comment

People *could* choose to block all app requests from you if they so wish. Its under the new padlock on the top blue bar, then see more settings, 'blocking' on the left hand side and then you can block events, apps or the whole user.
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth PhiSigGirl1988 View Post
        That's what I've been doing. It's ok It's not difficult to just deny the request and block the app. Doesn't bother me.
        That's what I've been doing as well - seems as if family members can't seem to figure out that I'm NOT INTERESTED IN GAMES.

One GF of mine just recently shut down her page and started a new one b/c somehow requests were being sent out from her page and she was reported to FB (her version - love her to death but she's a bit of a DQ and an AW.)

If you know who's sending the requests, you can block that user as a last resort. May sound severe, but if that's all you're getting from that person, it may be better to not have them as a FB friend.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I played Farmville for about 5 minutes, and then eventually I had to block the whole app because I got sick of the requests from my other friends who were obsessed with it. "Please send me a cow!" Gah!

I usually ignore those things but if I start getting a lot for a game or whatever I will just block the whole thing. I mostly use facebook to keep track of what a handful of friends and family are up to and that's about it.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I shut down all contact with any Zynga game (other than a very few puzzle-based) on GP. The fact that you're pretty much required to have a million friends (or pay money) to advance in their games is a deal breaker.

Happily, I found an app for my phone that's a cute little farm sim that requires no harassment of friends or family and there's no penalty for not spending money (you get lots of the cash currency during normal play, plus there's an item you can get that produces it as well).

Anyway, as for Fb, I make a point of trying to only send game requests (when I'm not on Fb hiatus) to people who already play the game in question or play another game of a similar style.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Zynga games are brain cell-killers that suck you into a vortex in which time doesn't exist, and I say that even though I play a few of them -- well, I used to play "a few." Two of the ones I really liked were recently shut down but each offered you a nice bonus package to sign up with one of half a dozen other Zynga games (none of which I was playing or intend to play, so I lost out on the bonus packages. Oh dearie me, how will I go on ...)

I do play Farmville but am not nearly ambitious enough to deal with all their "quests" and whatnot. I play the bits I like and ignore the rest ... and even if I won the lottery there's no way in hell I'd pay real money to play.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

Happily, I found an app for my phone that's a cute little farm sim that requires no harassment of friends or family and there's no penalty for not spending money (you get lots of the cash currency during normal play, plus there's an item you can get that produces it as well).
                ^-.-^
                O/T: This sounds relevant to my interests...which app is this? I'm really wanting a Harvest Moon-esque game...
                "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

I block games as they come in, though from time to time I get ones that pique my interest and I'll play them for a while. Currently playing Buggle with your mom then, haha.

Comment

*nods* I only play three really..and two of those she still helps with. I play Avengers Alliance (she doesn't bother with that one), and farmville 2 and Family Farm (she tends to them from time to time)
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
                      O/T: This sounds relevant to my interests...which app is this? I'm really wanting a Harvest Moon-esque game...

The game is called Tiny Farm. You have farm plots to grow things, and you can raise and breed animals. There are "quests" that give you some direction and rewards. Be aware, however, that the developers get paid via a push notification scheme, so unless you run the utility to stop notifications from the push vendor, you'll get random notices on your phone. The game itself requires registration and has a default setting of also sending push notifications, but that can be turned off in the settings.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

heh, I had someone throw a fit at me on Fb recently for game app requests. Now, I only send out stuff to people who also play the game, aside from the occasional have-to-post-something-to-wall things. Turns out the person complaining to me? PLAYS THE GAME. So yes, they got all in a snit because we both were playing the game, and I "kept spamming with requests".

I told him to uninstall the game or block requests from the app, then. Its simple, I do it for games I don't want, and I don't get bugged out by it.

But noooo, they can't uninstall the app, they want to keep playing! Just, you know, don't send any more game requests.

/mind blown
                        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Since I don't have to risk any employer finding out my info..just remember those that do enjoy the game apps and have not added me that ... https://www.facebook.com/jack.osborne.144 is me

Comment

Working...
                          X