This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >.< D'oh!! Why this week?

This Saturday is going to be one of the best Saturdays of my year ^^ Not only is it EUROVISION!! our gaming group is having a big reunion!! It's going to be fun and hectic and I'm busy this week painting cake cases with chocolate so I can make truffles (and tidying the flat, but that's boring).

So it's just my luck that I've come down with a cold just before the festivities. Pooey!! Admittedly I do feel better today than I did yesterday and it hasn't been overly bad, but do you guys have any ideas on how to handle cold+party, or home methods to ease the symptoms/shorten the duration?

Thanks

(NB: As I was aware this could be construed as medical advice, I poked the Modlings for their advice first; hence it's on this board instead of Sickbay and worded accordingly. Thanks to Ree for giving me the info ^^)
    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Cold and Flu tablets. Dry up the sniffles and help the general feeling of ick and enjoy yourself!

I get Tescos own brand and they work as well as Sudafed and such. Doesn't shorten the cold but it helps you out with the symptoms.
    As soon as I start thinking
    That I'm sensible and sane
    The Random Hedgehog comes along
    And fiddles with my Brain
    (from card I got)

Comment

I've been dosing up on Sudafed, but I'm finding that I only need a dose every six hours or so rather than 'hurry up four hours I need it NAOW'!

And ooooh, Tescos do their own kind? What's in it? What's written on the box? *gets out shopping list*

I plan on enjoying myself ^^ I might post some pics of the 90-odd truffles I'm making for the party (if I can figure out how the pictures work on forums X.x)

Comment

Quinine works for me, but it is restricted here. It's not sold in my state, but is in others. (It masks symptoms, so that's potentially dangerous in the case of leg cramps, which can be caused by a blood clot. That's why it's restricted). One Thanksgiving I was sooo sick with flu, but it made me feel like I just had a little cold.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
          And ooooh, Tescos do their own kind? What's in it? What's written on the box? *gets out shopping list*
          Can't remember off the top of my head but it does say on the packet but I don't have one to hand atm.

Sounds like you are going to have a great time. You can have my share of the truffles I don't like them. I'll be watching Eurovision (and no doubt tweeting a stupid amount about it).
          As soon as I start thinking
          That I'm sensible and sane
          The Random Hedgehog comes along
          And fiddles with my Brain
          (from card I got)

Comment

I do this stuff called Umcka. Specifically, the powdered form that you mix in hot water and drink like it's tea. Never fails.
            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

My new favorite thing is oil of oregano. It smells strong, tastes like oregano x60000000 (funny, that). One drop (and I mean it) in a mug of water and the cold is licked. It's expensive, though, even through Vitacost. You don't dilute it in the water first, prepare to have your mouth glow for 20 minutes.

Failing that, think warming things. Lots of ginger tea, a heating pad on your chest (don't leave it on too long or you'll end up with a burn, an irregular heartbeat, or both!) and avoid milk and caffeine. Yes, that includes chocolate.
              Last edited by ralerin; 05-24-2012, 09:05 PM.
              Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

I've been snorting Peppermint oil (well, smelling it from the bottle XD) to clear my nose. I hath no Vicks inhaler

Urgh I couldn't stomach chocolate at the moment. Thorough resisting of licking the bowls of choc and truffle...

I've got a fan on blowing cool air onto where I'm resting - it's too warm in my flat *phew* damn place has no insulation so it's always either too hot or too cold.

Something that might make you laugh; Housemate and I had a little conversation... (A is me)

A: Throaty gained 60 exp!! Throaty evolved into Sniffle!!
                E: But Sniffle has a lower Special Attack than Throaty
                A: True! That's why the better evolution of this Virumon uses an Evolution Stone...that's when it evolves into Rattle, I think...
                E: But Rattle has a weakness to Amoxycillin
                A: That thing?! Holy cow you have to go to the Hospital to catch that and it's capture rate can really be iffy!!
                E: Good thing that Sniffle has a double weakness to Sudafed
                A: >: D exactly...that's who I'm planning on using to defeat this bastard. Go, SUDAFED!!
                E: Sniffle uses NOSEDRIP
                A: sudafed takes 10 damage! Sudafed's Decongestant Ability drains Nosedrip to 0 pp!! Sudafed used SOOTHE!!
                E: Sniffle takes 15 damage! Sniffle uses Sneeze, and causes flinch.
                A: Sudafed flinched! Aaaa-Choo!
                E: Sniffle uses Exilir. Nosedrip is raised by 5 pp
                A: sudafed used its signature move!! UNBLOCK!
                E: Sniffle takes 30 damage. Sniffle uses CLONE
                A: another Sniffle appears on the board!! This battle is now DOUBLE BATTLE!! Alice sent out SOFA!!
                E: (this is insane)
                A: (this is fun ^^)
                E: (Is it wrong that I'm writing the move set for Throaty, Sniffle, Chesty and Rattle?)
                A: (Hell no)
                E: (I'll send it to you before I leave for the day)
                A: (don't forget Sudafed and Sofa!!)

Comment

Working...
                X