This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope I had a good trip

Some blithering idiot doesn't know their own phone number to give out (or possibly someone at a major car rental hasn't learned to read or dial a number correctly)"

Had a voicemail on my cell phone yesterday, thanking me for renting a car from them, yada, yada, yada.

I didn't know I rented a car. I didn't know I was going anywhere. I sure hope I had a good time on my trip, I really could use a vacation.

I will give that company credit - they stated first who the call was for (so I know they just had the number wrong and no one was out there vacationing in my name . And the voice was ever so cheery and bright, and wow, they sure seemed just thrilled to bits this person had chosen to rent from them, and thanked him so well, and wished him a wonderful life

Sigh, wish I could go off on a vacation and have a company call me just to thank profusely for renting a car from them. But then, they'd have to get my number right, sigh.

Madness takes it's toll....
    Please have exact change ready.

That sounds lovely, although I wonder if the person deliberately gave them the wrong # because they are smuggling drugs in the car or something... This is the mindset you gain after working retail for almost 20 years...

Earlier I had my phone in my pocket. I pocket-dialed my friend Alex. Except Alex changed his number and I neglected to change it in my phone (we mostly e-mail). I thought I caught it and hit 'stop' before it began to ring. I put my phone down and went into another room, returning about 2 minutes later; there were 3 missed calls and 2 texts that read, "Who is this?!". I figured it must have rung before I caught it, and called the person back, realizing they would never stop unless I did. She demanded immediately, "WHO IS THIS?" in a really rude tone. I apologized and explained and she hung up on me after muttering something I couldn't make out.

Good Lord, paranoid much?
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      Good Lord, paranoid much?
      Good heavens, yes. If I get a missed call to my phone that I don't recognize, and they don't bother to leave me a voicemail, I don't stress over it. Obviously it wasn't important enough to leave a message, or was a wrong number they realized as soon as my voicemail read off my name to them, or a wrong number they caught just a tad too late and hung up before voicemail answered. Whatever the reason, it makes no real sense for me to call back just to harass them with "Who is this?" If it had been a regular landline, I wouldn't even have known they called. ::
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
      X