This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation sightings

Here are some sightings during my vacation. BTW we're at a State Park with campsites and stuff out by Uvalde, Texas. Just so you know.

Parents of the year

So we’re driving by some campsites on a narrow 2 lane road. And there’s a little boy at least 18 months playing in the road! My dad mentions it and stops to roll down his window. We tell him not to say anything, don’t start anything, but he does anyway.

Dad: Hey! You know your kid is playing in the street?
    Guardian: Yup!

And we drive away shaking our heads. What awesome parents letting there 18 month old kid play in the street. I say we nominate then for Parent of the year!

I should have told her about CS

So this is kinda a self sighting on my group. We went into town to stock up on Dr Pepper as we ran out. (What? It was a crisis! ) We got hungry and stopped at Applebees. Well during the order my Sis’s SO (We’ll call him SSO) farted, and the whole table started laughing. But the waitress thought he was laughing at her or something. We assured her it wasn’t her. Then she asked if he burped or something. We couldn’t help but tell her the truth.

Then later SSO was burping in my Sisters ear right when the waitress walks up again. We bust out laughing again. That poor waitress.

paying customers only

So on the way back to the park we stopped at a gas station so my sis and go potty. Now we parked right in front of the door, and there where about 5 parking spots open and it’s 10pm at night. We parked kinda diagonally and didn’t feel like straightening up as she wouldn’t be long.

When she came out of the bathroom the employee got a little rude. She asked my sis if that was our truck, of course she told her yes. Then the employee said “Well next time y’all need to park better, your blocking my paying customers!”

Um, we weren’t blocking the door or anything, and there were 5 other open spots. Calm down lady.

yucky laundry

So we headed to a Laundromat as some things needed to be cleaned. But this place was a dump! I mean dump! Half of their washing machines were either not working or leaking water on the floor, which was on the floor BTW. They only had 4 dryers, and only 1 worked. Yeah…..

There was only a concrete floor, no air-conditioning (in the middle of Texas! >.<), the door and windows are open since there is no air-conditioning, the machines look like they were built in the 80’s. I mean it was a dump! Never going in there again, and some of the people there didn’t bother and drove the 10 miles to the next town to wash there clothes.

So yeah to the owners of that Laundromat: Do some major fixin’ up, new machines, a good paint job, AC installed, etc. And you might just get more customers than you do now. Just a thought.

for the Mother Of The Year situation, I'd seriously go up and start a conversation about what coffin she plans on using for her son...complete with recommendations..."Due to his hair and skintone, i'd recommend this kind of wood with that kind of lining...oh, and because it's still summer you should have lilacs or some other kind of pretty flower behind it...oh, and the cars go by too fast to have a closed casket ceremony, so you'll want to think about maybe having an inlay design where his face would have been..." At the very least it'll creep them out enough to keep their kids close (hopefully) and therefore out of the road...

Comment

Working...
    X