This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Update!
    Em went under exploratory surgery, and, lo and behold, there is now a trachea stint in her throat! SHE CAN BREATHE ON HER OWN NOW!!!!!
    A few more things (at least a week in hospital in my guess) and she'll be home free.

I'm hoping to visit in the hospital soon, and maybe take Mom out for another drink. Being grounded in a hospital sucks.
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

That's great news! I know she's not out of the woods yet, but it's good to hear any good news.
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

UNHAPPY UPDATE. Em had her surgery. Ok. Now she's got an infection, has other issues more than that- she was ok then it is getting worse. Sheesh. This kid didn't do anything wrong! Dammit, just dammit.

Comment

Gosh darnit, that sucks to hear. Will keep praying, keep us updated.
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Dammit. That just plain sucks. I second Seraph; prayers still coming.
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Kiddo's s'posed to get the stint out (after she hopefully stabilizes her infection over the weekend). I have no idea what the hell is going on with her body. Poor kid. Know what? Last night I kept waking up every 2 hours. Flip flop flip. And every time I was thinking of those two. God.
              Her mom is doing ok, I checked up on her; it's a wonder she's not smoked 2 cartons of ciggys yet. Christy's even putting off working a job just so she can take care of her girl. And the job is her dream job, something she really wants. I feel bad all the way around.

*sigh* At least the weekend is going to be sunny.

Comment

Good ending.
                The stint was removed, and she had her asthma meds totally changed. Then, after getting better, was released from hospital.
                Right now she's at home, on a CPAP and doing ok so far.
                YAY!

Comment

I was actually thinking about her earlier! I have an anatomy class right now, and the instructor started talking about collapsed lungs for a minute and I thought of Em. Glad she's home and doing ok Please continue to keep us updated on her progress.

Comment

That's great to hear, glad to see happy news about this! Hope she improves rapidly!
                    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Yay! Some good news for a Friday.

Comment

Working...
                      X