Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, good, she's out. I'm glad. I was worried.

Sure puts my problems in perspective . . .

Comment

My best thoughts are for her. Hope she's better soon.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Sorry I am late to this. I am glad she is out..hope she gets even better soon..tell her *hugs* from Mytical.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
          She's out of the hospital. And pissed at herself and the setback this caused. But she's feeling better.
          I told her y'all were thinking of her and she sends her thanks.
          Thanks for keeping us in the loop - it's appreciated.

Rapscallion

Comment

I'm glad to hear she's doing better.
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Yes. A med mistake can have very serious repricussions.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I'm glad to hear she is out and doing better. Prayers and good wishes heading her way ...

Comment

Keeping her in my thoughts, was recently in a similar situation. I know how stressful it can be.
                  Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Oh, KG, I was thinking of you yesterday, wondering how you were. Glad Midnight's out. I wish she wouldn't beat herself up.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

thank you thank you thank you thank you every one! thank you. it means alot to see the messages

i did mess up with my meds. i would take one at night go to bed yet forget the next night. do the same thing again take it the next day and forget and it finally blew up on me.
                      I have moved my medicine to my eye level out of reach of my daughter and have reminders on the calendars, on my dry erase board in the bathroom and on the door of the rooms i use.

I am in their system at the psych ward so that if this happens again I can bypass the waiting part. They kept me for a few hours to make sure and because I am on medication it was explained this is why and keep your medicine within site and notes notes reminders reminders because i honestly did forget. out of sight out of mind.

i was mad because i felt that after all my steps forward having to go BACK to a mental hospital/psych ward whatever its called here was a huge step backward EVEN though this is a place to help me.
                      Considering i was the one who had to sign the consent forms for treatment it could have gone worse if i wanted to fight. As mad as I was i chose to sign the papers.

Comment

What's helpful for me is an alarm reminder on my phone. Just a thought. Glad you're feeling better.
                        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Went through something like this with my mom. Glad you're feeling better!!
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Glad you are feeling better.

Now that I am probably going to have to take Cardiac meds for the rest of my life (getting old is a bitch), I am working on methods to make sure I take my meds, in the right quantities, on the right days. Not always easy.

I like the 7 day pill boxes - one compartment for each day. When you get one of those days when you don't know which end is up and what you did just five minutes ago, it is a good way to see if you took your pills. Also means that someone else can check to see if you have taken your meds.

And for what my opinion is worth, this is not a step backwards. It is a speed bump or a pot hole. Your are still moving forward. You have acknowledged your mistake. You are taking actions to make sure it does not happen again. That is some of the characteristics I look for when I hire people.

Good luck!
                            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                            Save the Ales!
                            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Dragon_Wings - just set it for each night. not sure why i didn't think about that

thank you MoonCat big hugs

csquared. i am only at two medications the mental meds and birth control. if i get a third one i will get a 7-day or more pill box because the birth control is in a blister pack. i have seen the monthly packs too,....want to avoid that if i can for now. also hubs has promised to remind me when he gets up and before he goes to work since this is a night time. going to try and get a one week AM and PM set pill box.
                              that is good to know. and what i figured is that if i really REALLY wanted to fight all of it i would not have signed the papers....as mad as i was

Comment

You did not take a step backward. You had a medical issue that was treated. And signing the papers was taking responsibility for your healthcare. Missing a dose does not make you irresponsible. It happens to everyone. It's just that the results of a missed med for you are more intense, given the type of meds you take. If I miss a dose of painkiller or antihistamine, meh. But anyone can mess that up. Last week I was staggering 2 painkillers and I got distracted and I think I took 2 large doses one after the other. So from now on I will write it down and focus when I do take something. And yeah, pill boxes and alarms are a good idea for you. My main point is DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP OVER THIS.
                                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                                X