Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bump like this isn't a step back. It's a stumble, at most. You took responsibility and took care of it. I'd say that's more than a lot of people I know can do.

The alarm is a great idea. I don't know if you have a smart phone or not, but I know I can set multiple alarms (with different tones) and reminders for what each one is. Very handy.

(BTW, I love your avatar. )
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Sorry I'm late finding all this out but try to hang in there, Midnight12. We're all pulling for you.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Anybody can make a mistake with medications. I've done it myself more than a few times. The pill alarms and boxes are a good idea.

Don't be angry with yourself; it was just a mistake, and it's better. We're all on your side here.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

i don't have a smart phone nor will i ever get one until they are the low end of the phone line like when nokia indestructible phone was the low end. i have a regular phone from metro pcs that has a qwerty keyboard and thats it. it has multiple alarm functions, calendar and note placing ability almost one step more to a smart phone i just don't want a touch screen

thank you for the continued support. i am too stubborn to stop trying now. i may i say i quit but that soon becomes a lie. in my mind thats the only acceptable thing to lie about when trying to just continue on in life. (ie get so frustrated and say i quit in anger or depression then start over again later after a break)

the only reason i can think of after taking time to think about why i take the blame or keep thinking its my fault is that growing up my dad used to say it was my fault and there were no accidents to him because he did bad things for attention growing up in a large family so i must be doing the same. nope. and growing up as a teen i saw him be less and less responsible and for me if i took some responsibility it may help?

best example i can think of: at work, someone goofs up and i was in the same room or area and if it wasn't anyone's fault i would take blame for it to ease the manager's ire.
          its now more i did it its my fault i have to be responsible for my own actions and why did i do that when thats not me?
          not liking myself still because i didn't use to think this way - dark thoughts, twisted humor and just sick - i was nice, thoughtful and so shy but always first to be polite.
          now...i try but its more social anxiety and i just get worse....so for me going to a psych ward was a backstep in trying to stop being so shy STILL or speak UP instead of being softspoken and even when angry at someone, just smile and be nice instead of lash out

i had time to think about all this while waiting to be registered and put in a room to be assessed

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
            What's helpful for me is an alarm reminder on my phone. Just a thought. Glad you're feeling better.
            I use those dumb little containers with the days of the week on them, even for just vitamins. Otherwise, I can never recall if it was today or yesterday I took them. I put a magnetic strip on the back, put them on the fridge door at eye level (you can get them that are child proof if needed), and there's no way I can go all day without seeing them. A quick check to see if the current day of the week is empty or full, and I know if I've had my daily meds (not that I'm taking anything very important right now, but it sure helps when I am). You can also get them with several compartments for each day, if needed.

I do feel a bit like I should have blue hair and be walking around with a zimmerframe using those things, but hey, they work for me. And they're cheap.

They're also handy cause I take several different vitamins & natural supplements each day - easier to have 4 of those and sort them into compartments once a month than to open up half a dozen bottles every day.
            (You can find them easily for $1).

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

planning to do that, as i take vitamins with my daughter daily so she will take hers as she cannot have pediasure since it has milk in it which causes a reaction with her.

the magnetic strip for the fridge is an even better idea never would have thought of that!

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                Glad you are feeling better.

Now that I am probably going to have to take Cardiac meds for the rest of my life (getting old is a bitch), I am working on methods to make sure I take my meds, in the right quantities, on the right days. Not always easy.

I like the 7 day pill boxes - one compartment for each day. When you get one of those days when you don't know which end is up and what you did just five minutes ago, it is a good way to see if you took your pills. Also means that someone else can check to see if you have taken your meds.

And for what my opinion is worth, this is not a step backwards. It is a speed bump or a pot hole. Your are still moving forward. You have acknowledged your mistake. You are taking actions to make sure it does not happen again. That is some of the characteristics I look for when I hire people.

Good luck!
                Ditto what csquared says. And it's definitely just a speed bump, and you are now past it. I have recently been put on metaformin for blood sugar -- 3X a day at this point -- and I sat there last night after supper unable to remember whether I'd just taken the dang thing or not ... I was watching videos on YouTube while I ate. I decided I hadn't and took the pill, but I also fished out my old 7-day pillbox and have started putting 3 pills in each section. Much easier to keep track of than a gigantic pill bottle with a three-month supply ...

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                You did not take a step backward. You had a medical issue that was treated. And signing the papers was taking responsibility for your healthcare. Missing a dose does not make you irresponsible. It happens to everyone. It's just that the results of a missed med for you are more intense, given the type of meds you take. If I miss a dose of painkiller or antihistamine, meh. But anyone can mess that up. Last week I was staggering 2 painkillers and I got distracted and I think I took 2 large doses one after the other. So from now on I will write it down and focus when I do take something. And yeah, pill boxes and alarms are a good idea for you. My main point is DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP OVER THIS.
                Second this also. As Food Lady says, we've all done this at some point. Be nice to yourself -- you deserve it.

Comment

thank you
                  hugs to everyone again
                  been doing crafts and doing things I WANT when i have time which means doing laundry and playing video games while i wait, or crafts

Comment

Working...
                  X