This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Cornbread Question

This post inspired me to create this poll. How does everyone like their cornbread? I personally prefer mine a bit more moist.
    Dry and crumbly
    7.41%
    Moist and cake-y
    92.59%
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

I personally dislike anything dry, cornbread included. Also more moist corn bread (at least in my experience) tends to be sweeter.

Comment

Moist and slightly sweet - and baked in a bacon greased cast iron skillet.

Comment

moist and cakey with lots of BUTTER. /drooools
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

well away from me....
          I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Mmmm, moist, cakey, with bits of corn in it.

Comment

Mmm, bits of corn - you know what's really good? Corn pudding! Butter, sour cream, corn, more corn, and cornbread mix - yummmmmm
              Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
              At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Quoth 24601 View Post
                Quoth vikingchyk View Post
                Mmm, bits of corn
                Whenever my mom makes cornbread, she always puts a can of corn into the batter. Best stuff ever.
                "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Gotta go with Moist. Sawdust is not appetizing

Comment

Moist, and a bit on the sweet side - and referred to as CORNBREAD, not Johnny Cake, as my Yankee husband insists on calling it when he wants to see if he can get my southern temper up

Madness takes it's toll....
                    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth 24601 View Post
                      Best cornbread I've *ever* had was like that, from a little BBQ that was out on John's Island in SC. I've give my left kidney to be able to go back to that restaurant.
                      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Absolutely moist-ish with whole kernels.

Then slathered in butter. *drools*

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I had cornbread nearly every day as a kid and can't stand to even taste it anymore.
                          Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
                            well away from me....
                            This. I only tried one cornbread I liked, and that surprisingly was a school cornbread. Maybe it was because when they served it, they also served chilly with beans..and I dislike beans..so it was one of the few things I would eat when they served it.
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Seconding and thirding the parts about moist, extra corn, and baked in the cast iron!

Comment

Working...
                              X