X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myrtle Beach

I'm just gonna throw this out there:

Isn't July peak season? Friends of ours wanted to know if we'd like to come with them to Myrtle Beach in July. We'd be paying for our own hotel rooms, and from what I'm seeing online, 3 to 4 nights is going to cost anywhere from $400+ to $600+ for a room with 2 beds. They talked about "under $100 a night" which, if true, I'm sure had to be for off-season, not July.

Anybody know of a decent hotel (not looking for 4-star luxury) not too far form the beach for less than $100 per night, or is that unrealistic for July?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Last time I stayed there, back in 2006, I stayed at the Tides. I think it was around $100 a night, bet we paid extra for an ocean view (which was amazing). It was pretty much a 1 star, though.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

You MIGHT find something inland a bit. Maybe. Myrtle Beach is crazy over the summer and rates go up, if you can even find something at all. You could maybe try to find something in a nearby burg, say Surfside or North Myrtle or something like that. And you might have better luck over the week than on the weekend.

We've had luck with Priceline.

Comment

It would be during the week anyway. They've been to the Bermuda Sands, which looks nice online but might be too pricey. I'll keep looking.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
        X