No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just LOVE having to pick up and move my entire desk setup to the bedroom because you cannot resist slamming the door 5 times inside of two minutes. I'm trying to WORK HERE. I am really glad the rents were raised by $50.00. The higher they go, the more bored people will move out. If you're that bored I suspect you aren't working enough.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Anonymous notes are the bane of apartment dwelling. I think I wrote a while ago about the anonymous note left on my door (which vanished quickly after I posted a nasty response, bluntly calling the writer a coward for not signing their name).

Now we've got anonymous notes around the building about bedbugs. The first one I saw was posted above the mailboxes.

I was on the elevator with a couple (married? neighbours? I don't know) and the woman seemed quite worried. I said I was pretty sure if there actually WAS a problem we would get an official notice (the man agreed with that).

I saw another one posted on the door of the tenant across from me -- which is ironic, since I believe she's the one responsible for the above-mentioned nasty note on my door (she has a reputation of being one of these people who is always looking for something to complain about).

Her door was the ONLY ONE in this wing sporting the note. I have to admit I'm wondering if she's going to find it tomorrow and assume I put it there ...

(Okay, correction: the only one I saw with the note on it. There was none on my door. It is always possible it was on a few other doors and the tenants simply took them down.)
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Hey, idiots! There is NO reason for your music to be that loud!
        Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
        They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
          Hey, idiots! There is NO reason for your music to be that loud!
          There never is, no matter the time of day.

Comment

• When you have 3 to 4 neighbors sharing a 2-bed apartment that's $700.00 so they all pay a paltry sum for rent and only have to work a few hours a week and feel it's totally fine to have a loud get-together at 12:30 am...This is conjecture but given how people in their 20s live in this town, I wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

• I'm in quarantine and have been up half the night since an ER visit. I'm trying to do church online and you keep banging on things over there. What, I don't know. Fixtures? Appliances? The tub? The walls? Why are you so angry at inanimate objects???

Comment

• It's not really super sucky, more on the weird side. You ever wonder if sometimes there's something in the air or water or whatever? Okay, I know it's just a coincidence but I feel like everyone in this area is super cranky today. I can hear my neighbor swearing up a storm on one side, and I never hear a peep out of him normally. From the back, I have my bedroom window open and I can hear people yelling at each other. That's a private property, not part of our complex. Earlier I was in a bad mood, too. A weird mood, like cranky at nothing and felt like the apartment was suffocating. Thus the open windows. You know what I did? Like what you do for little kids, I put myself to bed and took a nap and I woke up feeling better.

Anyway, we did have some sunny weather but it's not hot out at all so I can't blame the heat. These people aren't staying home that much, at least not myself or my direct neighbor. Just a strange day!
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                  It's not really super sucky, more on the weird side. You ever wonder if sometimes there's something in the air or water or whatever? Okay, I know it's just a coincidence but I feel like everyone in this area is super cranky today. I can hear my neighbor swearing up a storm on one side, and I never hear a peep out of him normally. From the back, I have my bedroom window open and I can hear people yelling at each other. That's a private property, not part of our complex. Earlier I was in a bad mood, too. A weird mood, like cranky at nothing and felt like the apartment was suffocating. Thus the open windows. You know what I did? Like what you do for little kids, I put myself to bed and took a nap and I woke up feeling better.

Anyway, we did have some sunny weather but it's not hot out at all so I can't blame the heat. These people aren't staying home that much, at least not myself or my direct neighbor. Just a strange day!
                  Possibly something nearby was putting out an ultrasonic squeal, that'll put everyone off.

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                    I'm in quarantine and have been up half the night since an ER visit. I'm trying to do church online and you keep banging on things over there. What, I don't know. Fixtures? Appliances? The tub? The walls? Why are you so angry at inanimate objects???
                    Perhaps it's not an inanimate object...perhaps it's a new friend they've made
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Ah, summer. And the return of the Dogs Who Will Not Shut Up. Seriously, pet owners...train 'em, tend 'em, don't leave them yelling their fool heads off at ten at night, five in the morning, or any other time!

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
                        No, no there isn't. The neighbors behind me used to play their music from around 6:30 am until 11 pm Sunday to Saturday, almost year round. It was loud enough that I could sit in my car, in my driveway in front of my house, with all the windows rolled up, no engine running, and be able to hear the lyrics of the music clear as day -- and with my hearing problems, if it's loud enough for ME to hear from a long enough distance, it has to be double that with those that have normal hearing.

Yea, a couple of calls to the non-emergency line, with at least one person asking me to "turn down the music so they could hear me properly" and a response of "I'm in the master bathroom at the front of my house, the music is coming from my neighbors behind me's backyard, I CAN'T turn down the music and the reason WHY I'm calling", they've stopped playing the music as much. I might hear it once or twice every few months, I'll take it over the seven days a week, 15 to 20 hours a day music fest.
                        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

• 12:30 am is not the time to have your 5-year-old child running around in the dark playing soccer.

Comment

• Hey you in Apartment 2 or 4:

What makes you think that UPS is going to "retrieve" an Amazon shipping box with a brand new printer inside? There's no return label of any kind (except for the masterfully hand-scrawled "UPS please retrieve this box, ring doorbell if you need to" sticky note) and you didn't even tape the box closed or put any packing material.

If the printer's still down there by Friday, it's mine.

ETA: It would have been a super-awesome printer...except the glass was shattered. It was packed in such a way that I didn't realize that at all until sliding the printer out of the box. I left it in front of #4 with a polite note explaining what they needed to do to actually return it to Amazon.
                            Last edited by Dreamstalker; 08-01-2020, 03:16 AM.
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
                              Thirty-two days later, I shall reiterate...

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
                                Thirty-two days later, I shall reiterate...
                                Keep a log for a while and email it to the manager. I did that with slam-things-into-the-bedroom-wall guy and I think he moved. He seemed nice, would always say hi, but was probably just totally clueless as to how his actions affect others. Now the chair that was on the balcony is gone and there are tons of plants so I'm fairly sure someone new is there. I never hear ANYTHING. I learned from here to document. It helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X