This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "...Let me just get Disney on the line"

I think the customers that aggrivate me the most, are simply the clueless ones (read: old). Forgive me for any bitterness, but sometimes it baffles me how hard it is to understand that I just answer the phone, and deal directly with your programming and billing. I can't install anything, and I certainly don't have any say over what programming you get.

Recently I've been getting a bunch of customers who are aggrivated with their programming. I don't mean the channels, I mean the specific programs and shows on that channel. For some reason they cannot understand that we simply sell the station, we don't produce it. The other night I even had a lady tell me she was going to change her Aunt's provider. Apparently she was staying with them in Alabama, and she is from California. According to her we were showing "old programming" and she needed to update the package. No matter how long I was on the phone with her I could not get it through to her, that it was just a time difference, and that generally re-runs show at night. She also could not believe that the A&E on the TV screen was they same one she watched when she was home, because the timing was different. Christ-on-a-stick lady! This is not packaged! It's a constant stream!!!

ARGH T_T
    Last edited by Enigma; 05-30-2007, 05:37 AM. Reason: Unfinished
    "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."

Wow... I've known there was a time difference between east coast/west coast television since I was.. eight?
    "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Wow, shw would have been really confused living here a couple of years ago. Until we got a new governor we didn't change time at all. Half the year we were EST and the other half was CST. I can just see her calling the tv stations wondering why they changed their news times.

Comment

Quoth sportsmom View Post
        Wow, shw would have been really confused living here a couple of years ago. Until we got a new governor we didn't change time at all. Half the year we were EST and the other half was CST. I can just see her calling the tv stations wondering why they changed their news times.
        Let me guess...a fellow Hoosier?
        "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
        "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
        --Dilbert

Comment

That's what I was going to say! I'm originally from Indiana!

Comment

Once I met a lady who had never heard of times zones. I'm not joking.

(we are in Central time, apparently she was from Eastern)

Her: Why is your time different here? I thought the whole country had the same time.
            Me: Uhhhh....

She was actually really nice, though.

Comment

She'd be so screwed if she was a Newfie, with an added 30 minutes to any time change.

Comment

Quoth Coconut View Post
                (we are in Central time, apparently she was from Eastern)

Her: Why is your time different here? I thought the whole country had the same time.
                Me: Uhhhh....
                They teach time zones in school. It's mentioned on television and radio.

Of course, I'm convinced that a good percentage of people in the Eastern time zone are convinced the world revolves around them...
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  Of course, I'm convinced that a good percentage of people in the Eastern time zone are convinced the world revolves around them...
                  They're called snowbirds.

Comment

You mean it doesn't?!?........

Comment

You mean New York..... right.....

Comment

I guess that means Toronto if you're in Canada.
                        "Sir... sir... diagnosing computer problems over the phone is like diagnosing brain cancer with a pointy stick"
                        -ahanix1989, inspired by bash.org

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                          You mean New York..... right.....

Actually, that would be North Carolina
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

You guys are great!! I'm here all night! Be sure to tip your waitress!!!! :blowing kisses:
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                            X