This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Nijiero View Post
    SC: (Giving me the finger, as he turns to leave) "I'm gonna call your Store Owner! And I'm going to have you fired for your attitude!"
    Me: "Would you like (franchise owners name)'s Number sir? I Have it right here..." (offering a bussiness card... which is snatched from my hand...)
    So he gives you the finger and then talks about how he's going to get you in trouble with the Owner... because of your attitude?

I'm guessing this douchebag missed the irony here.
    Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

This post explains a lot! I almost never eat at Subway, but went today because around where I work very few restaurants take cards. Someone in front of me flipped when the sandwich wasn't 5 bucks and change, insisted that it was a 5 dollar foot long and always had been and refused the sandwich. Finally the guy just let him take it for the lesser price. I was very confused.

The poor employee started apologizing to me after they left, but I just said I know what it's like, it wasn't his fault.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        I have to say I fear I'd be sucky in Subway. I've only eaten there maybe 3 or 4 times in my life. I simply get overwhelmed by all the choices. I do see the signs, but they confuse my hungry brain. Same thing in drive-throughs. I shouldn't be allowed in restaurants. I do really well at Denny's, though. I just point at the pretty picture I want.
        My sis and I are hypoglycemic. She once stood in the middle of the street with a fist full of cash yelling "I will give this to the next person who brings me food!" That said I've always been able to safely navigate a Subway without incedent - granted I'm a Blimpies girl by nature, but hungry is hungry.

After being a part of this site, those ads make me cringe for all Subway workers. I think the ad makers should work in one the day the ads come out - that would fix 'em.

Comment

Quoth auntiem View Post
          After being a part of this site, those ads make me cringe for all Subway workers. I think the ad makers should work in one the day the ads come out - that would fix 'em.
          Can we make that every person who makes ads for retail? The amount of times customers get confused as to what they are entitled to due to the advertising is irritating. Especially when management try to fix it but tend to make the situation worse and/or more complicated.
          Began work Aug as casual '08
          Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
          Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
          Why do I still work there again?

Comment

Quoth Alteran Ancient View Post
            The majority of Brits are less "dumb" and selfish, and are better at complaining and putting-up with it. They'd see a red sign for sure.
            Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

*breathes*

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha...

Er, you were joking, right?

I've physically had to guide someone's vision to where the sign was to tell him which product was what. I've had people looking for frozen foods on the (rather warm) fruit shelving. I've had people looking in the freezer for fresh potatoes.

We've got proportionally as many idiots over here. If they're rich, we call them eccentric.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post
              It would be nice if we had avocado over here. Some stores do but not very many because it's so expensive.
              Sure, it's expensive, but you charge extra for it. If you're not covering the cost of it with the extra charge, someone's doing it wrong.

Mmm.... avocado.... *drool*

Actually, you guys would love Nekojin and me at your stores. We know what we want, how we want it, and how much it's going to cost us before we ever hit the counter.

As an aside, I hereby nominate the thread title for smuttiest on the first page.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Forget Subway, I'd hate to be someone working at KFC right now...

Comment

Quoth DerangedHermit View Post
                  Forget Subway, I'd hate to be someone working at KFC right now...
                  No kidding!

Boy did they flub that coupon roll-out.

At least they're still (sort of) honoring it. I think my plan to hand the coupons out to local homeless people will still work.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I was going to go to the local Cluckin' Bell (as I like to think of those combination KFC/Taco Bell stores) for dinner the other night, and see this huge line of cars for the drive-thru, the big line of people inside, and I'm thinking, "What the hell? It's a Wednesday night." Then I see people holding print-outs of coupons, realize it's some promotion, and go, "Yeah, no." I went next door to the BK Lounge.

I felt sorry for the workers at the Cluckin' Bell, though.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I and my hubby had those KFC coupons...the workers handled it pretty well. The chicken was pretty good too, tho it was not so good that I would make a special trip for it at any other time.

I can't imagine starting a fuss if they ran out tho (as some places did)
                      Sadly, I know some folks did get pissy.....
                      I no longer fear HELL.
                      I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Can someone please explain what happened for those of us not in the USA?
                        Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals

Comment

KFC and Oprah had some deal where Oprah's site had a program you could download that would allow you to print a coupon or four. The coupon was for a free 2-piece grilled chicken meal with a biscuit and 2 sides.

Oprah is really popular. KFC was completely unprepared for the response. A co-worker who didn't know about the coupon deal tried to get KFC for lunch that day and had a 45 minute wait to get their food. A lot of stores ran out before the end of the day. Some lasted to the next day. Our local shop was pretty calm when we went in that evening after work, and we had no trouble getting our free food. However, it is interesting to note that the coupons were just being tossed in a bin under the counter and nothing was being rung up.

I really, really feel sorry for every KFC worker who was on shift when the lunch rush hit. I know that they must have been slammed by all the people wanting free food. And the places that ran out of the grilled chicken especially have my sympathies.

^-.-^

Comment

Oh wow! How did KFC not figure in the O factor? They really should of had it "With such and such a purchase" or for a VERY short space of time not during the usual meal rushes. I think by the end of the day they were probably going to count all of the grilled chicken as "waste".

So yea, I guess I give my sympathy to the workers too, and I just realised my suggestions could have made the situation worse for them...

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                              I went next door to the BK Lounge.
                              Think you can get me into the BK Lounge?
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Am I the only one picturing Peggy Bundy clack-clack-clacking in her spandex pants and high heels over to KFC for free food? As I recall, she was quite the fan of Oprah.

Yeah, I probably am. She probably wouldn't even hop off the couch for that.
                                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                                X