This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Before Snowpocolypse Weirdness

What is it about the night before a big snow event that brings out the weirdos? Just a quick, short, and fucking WEIRD one from tonight. Around 9:30, the phone rang, and the following convo ensued:

ME: <opening spiel that I'm required to give> This is BrenDAnn, may I help you?
    SC: Yes, my name is Weirdette ElWeirdo, in <town I work in>, Iowa.
    ME: *taking the brief pause she makes to think okay, wtf?*
    SC: I was wondering if you would deliver a couple of Pepsi's to me if I gave you five dollars?
    ME: O.o I'm sorry, ma'am, but we really don't have anyone in the store right now that can do that.
    SC: You don't have anyone in the store that can do that...*long pause, I swear I could hear the gears in her head turning, fighting desperately to process the information* What about your manager?
    ME: I'm sorry. Our manager isn't in right now.
    SC: Your manager isn't in...Oh...Okay...What time do you close?
    ME: Eleven.
    SC: Eleven. Okay, well, thank you for your time. Goodbye now.
    ME: Goodbye

What...the actual...fuck? We don't even deliver our delicious pizzas, let alone pop! Oh, sure, lady, let me or my co-worker just bundle our ass up and go out into the 20 or 30 below zero windchills to bring you a couple of pops. You...who I really don't know. At all. Yeah...No. Not happening. It was only coworker C and myself there, and neither of us could leave our posts at all, and even if we could, again, dangerous windchills, and the fact that she is a complete stranger. GK, I think one of your best customers escaped and moved to Iowa! You come and get her and take her back, ASAP!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Whaaaaat? Why would she even ask if the manager could do it? Usually managers can't leave the store, because they are, you know, managers. I don't even understand why she would keep trying. I've had some weirdos call in to my work and try to get us to deliver food, but just simply saying, "No, we don't deliver." made them back down.

Comment

Yeah I didn't quite get that either. I halfway wonder if she thought she could talk the manager into making us do it? Knowing my manager though, she'd laugh her right off of the phone! In fact, I almost hope she calls during the day to tell the manager that i refused to deliver her Pepsi, just so that the manager gets a bit of entertainment in for the day!

Comment

Since when do C-stores deliver?? Did she want a gallon of gas, too? At least she was polite.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

All she wanted was a Pepsi. And you wouldn't give it to her. Just a Pepsi.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            All she wanted was a Pepsi. And you wouldn't give it to her. Just a Pepsi.
            We better stick her in an institution...

You know that it's the only solution....
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

You know why she asked for a manager to do it? Because managers are the ones who bend over backwards to do stupid things that customers want in the name of keeping their business.

Comment

Am I the only one thinking "a couple of Pepsis" was actually a codeword for something else?
                Random Doctor Who quote:
                "I'm sorry about your coccyx, too, Miss Grant."

I has a gallery: deviantART gallery.
                I also has a "funny" blog: Aqu Improves Her Craft

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post

You guys made my day!

I've been snowed in here for days. It isn't that bad, just my car is crap and I can't get the few blocks to the main streets that are clear to get about. I've just now run out of coke (because I stocked up before our snowpocolyse). I'm only half considering ordering a pizza so I can get some coke, but I wouldn't make a delivery person drive the blocks I'm not willing to. Also, none of our local pizza places stock wine or rum (which I'm also out of) so I'm stuck with a half-rack of store brand "lemon lime" soda and the bottle of tequila I got for x-mas. So sad.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post

I'M NOT CRAZY!
                    YOU'RE THE ONE THAT'S CRAZY!
                    YOU'RE DRIVING ME CRAZY!

Comment

You guys are killing me! Yes, she was polite, just weird. Also, Idk if it was code or not! Ha! Never thought about that! Grype, I'm pretty sure my manager would force herself not laugh and then tell the lady no. Hell, she probably would actually laugh...her mind-to-mouth filter is kind of broken...a lot. It's fun!

Comment

Not so much code, but...

Perhaps the reason she was checking whether the manager was there was because she had been considering robbing the place, and it's usually only the managers who have access to the big money in the safe. Since you said the manager was not in, she figured it wasn't worth braving the elements just for what was in the tills. I always say, if the manager is in, "yes, she's here, and she's currently busy interviewing a half-dozen burly security guards for our vacant position."

Comment

Ha ha! What a stupid moron! I'd say, "Sure, but I'll have to charge you for the value of the sodas and $50 as a delivery fee since you'll have me taking my personal time to go out and deliver it to you." What is she, a lazy bit*h? Can't get her own sodas, so she'll call someone on the phone to have them give soda to her.

God, I only hope she's single. No one could put up with that crap with her as a wife.

Comment

See "A couple of pepsis" was the secret code word she was taught to use if her cover was blown...then you were to reply "I am sorry we only serve 7-up" which would tell her she had the right number..since you didn't she hoped that the manager was her contact...

ok so I got nothing...
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Obviously weird, but I had customers at the gas station who would call and expect me to put stuff "on hold" for them because they were shopping or planning on stopping by "later".

Screw off. Get your lazy ass over here and get it yourself. This isn't Applebees. For that matter, it's also not Wal-Mart where you can order online and pickup later. It's a gas station. I will not hold your cigarettes and beer for you.

Edit to add: Not a common occurance. Just the occasional EW who felt that since they spent all their money at our store, they were special.
                              Last edited by blas; 01-22-2012, 06:43 AM.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X