This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my jaw is still on the floor.

I was working at the customer service desk of a huge store.

Note: Our back bathroom is be fixed b/c of a major issue in there. For safety issues they closed the whole bathroom. We still have a bathroom up front for customer use.

This white(important later on) older lady walked up to me. I was talking to another customer at the time. She started hitting the counter and sighing. This makes me ignore her more. I look at her and say Ill be with you in one minute.

SC-Its about time. I think its horrible that you make injured people(she has a cast on her arm) walk from the back to the front to use the bathrrom.

Me-Maam the bathrrom in under repair right now.

SC-There is no excuse. There is no reason to fix a bathroom. Get me a manager now. A male manager and not some little kid. I want someone who knows what they are doing. Do it now.

-My store manager(middle aged black male) was in the office when he heard the story. So he told me that he wil be up. I tell the customer.

When she sees that a black man is coming up....."I am not talking to him,he better not be here for me"

Manager-yes maam can I help you

SC-Oh no I am not talking to you. I have never talked to a black man in my life and I am not about to start.

Manager-Well maam you wanted a older male manager and I am the only one here.

SC-Thats bad. Thats no way to run a store. No wonder this store is horrible with a "horrible name" in charge.

When she said this I think the whole area just stopped. My manager remained calm and just told her that she is free to leave and shop other places.

She was pissed and started yelling about how she is a customer and there for right. Everyone is laughing at her. I think she gets it and leaves.

I still cant believe it.

Dam what a fucking racist bitch. I know many people of different races, color, etc who would really have to keep themselves in check after a customer made a dumbass racist remark like that.
    As for the bathrooms being in the back, I'd have been tempted to say, "Well maam, we can't very well bring the bathrooms to you now can we?"

Comment

I don't blame you, I'd be all after such blatant racism, too. Yes, I know it still exists in the world, but it's still shocking and upsetting to witness firsthand.

Your manager did well, though. He might also want to make a report in case Sucky Racist complains to Corporate. You know she's going to spin it so she's the good guy unjustly thrown out of the store.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Wait, wait, wait. I'm still stuck on this:
        Quoth sweetj82 View Post
        There is no reason to fix a bathroom.

Comment

Even for that misguided part of the population that still thinks this way, you'd think that they'd have learned by now not to express these fine sentiments out loud.

Oh, never mind, you wouldn't think they'd have learned, as the sub-human IQ these SC's have unfortunately does not render somebody unable to breathe...

Kudos to your manager for keeping his cool; I guess that's why they pay him the big bucks.

Comment

What an uber-bitch! I can't stand people who hate others just because of physical characteristics (race, height, etc)

On Christmas Eve this guy in a pickup truck ran a stop sign in a parking lot and almost hit me; so he rolled down his window and yelled "Stupid spi** bitch!" What an ignorant prick.
            What does me being or not being of latin origin have to do with anything? And why be mad at me? Because I honked at him so he wouldn't hit me? Sheesh. Ignorant people will be ignorant--can't change 'em, only ignore 'em. Thankfully I'm very good at ignoring people!
            Last edited by Athaelia; 01-04-2012, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
              "Well maam, we can't very well bring the bathrooms to you now can we?"
              Sure you can, just hand them bucket.

Comment

I suppose if you had let her use the broken bathroom she would have complained about that, too. It's amazing she didn't use it anyway out of laziness. Assuming the service desk is in the front of the store, why didn't she just use the one in the front since she was there anyway. I guess some people just aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about, and insult the help to boot.

If she had said something like that in front of me, I don't think I could have held my tongue. Wow.

Comment

I'd be yelling after her, "Don't let the door hit your racist ass on the way out!" The only bad thing about customers like that leaving the store is that is throws off the gravitational pull, you know, them being the Center of the Universe and all...

Comment

That's got so many things wrong with it I don't know where to start.

Oh, wait, yes I do. Racist twat.

And, excuse me, how does an injured arm keep you from walking to the bathroom? I mean WTF lady??

A lot of stores don't even have bathrooms for customer use. I hope she peed herself looking for another one. Ugh.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Hooolllly SHIT

Comment

Quoth Stryker One View Post
                        Sure you can, just hand them bucket.
                        You mean the bucket with the bouquet?
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Hmm, maybe someone hurt her arm when she was spewing her hateful opinions in front of the wrong people?? If not...it may not be long. Not that I condone such behavior but society has changed a LOT...apparently she missed the memo.

I don't get the "a bathroom should never need fixing" part either...so if her toilet at home blows up is she just gonna leave it that way??

Complete suckage and stupidity all around...welcome to 2012.
                          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Stupid f***ing racist bitch.
                            She can't seem to stomach the idea of a black guy in power, does she? What does she think, that black people are only good to be janitors or something along that line? She can take her racist ass back home and realize it isn't 1960 anymore before deciding to shop again. I hope she never comes back to your store.

Comment

Racist, sexist (insisting on a MALE manager), ageist (insisting on an older manager), and ableist (noone with any disability can walk All The Way to the front of the store).

I'd have sympathy for her desire to specifically use the back bathroom if she had continence issues or mobility issues. She still wouldn't be able to use the back bathroom if it's broken, but at least I'd have sympathy. (Maybe if the men's bathroom in the back was okay, a staff member could check that noone was in there, and stand guard while she used it.)

But she scores negative sympathy points for her racism, sexism and agism, and her borderline ableism.
                              Seshat's self-help guide:
                              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                              X