This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Pixilated View Post
    I hope to GAWD your upper management listens to this SECOND report on this bitch -- from an upper management type this time! -- and can keep a grip on their spines this time! Their excuse the first time was beyond pathetic. It's horrible that they feel their employees should put up with that kind of attitude so "we don't lose" one lousy customer, who no doubt would continue her tirade everytime she walks through the door.
    Amen to that. When will they realize that the more they cater to these bad customers, the more good customers will leave because the bad customers make them uncomfortable? Not to mention losing good employees and managers for the same reason. No amount of money is worth having to cater to assholes.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

It's just sad that there are still people like that in this day and age. One of them showed up at the old supermarket job one day. I didn't witness it personally, but I did hear about it. We had two black guys working for us. "Elliot" was an all-around nice guy, and "Tim" was OK as long as you didn't piss him off. If you did, God help you.

Elliot answered a customer page, only to be told by the customer, "I don't speak to your kind!" From what I heard, he just quietly walked away after picking his jaw up off the floor. When Tim heard about it, he was pissed. The customer was still in the store, so Tim got right in the guy's face, and asked, "How are you doing?", while grinning an evil, menacing grin. I think the customer became uncomfortable and ended up leaving. Yeah, Tim could have gotten in trouble for that, but I can't say I blame him.

More recently, my wife and I were having lunch at a local Burger King. There was this old couple seated behind us, having a conversation. We weren't paying any attention to them, until we heard the guy say, "Those black people are just no good!" They weren't loud, but they weren't quiet either. There was a black girl working there, and while she didn't say anything, I'm sure she wasn't happy about it. Then to make it worse, the lady (if you can call her that), said something like, "And those Mexicans aren't any better!" That one hit a little close to home for my wife, as she's Puerto Rican. This was a few years ago, so those "people" could be dead by now.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Why would a broken arm keep her from walking to the back of the store?

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
          It's just sad that there are still people like that in this day and age.

Sadly, it's everywhere. A friend and I were wandering around in an English city some years ago, looking for a post office, when some old guy told us we shouldn't be on the street because of the "monkeys" further up the street. We were quite puzzled as we didn't see any monkeys anywhere ... until it finally dawned on us. Yeah, we're a little slow at times ...

Anyway, once we got our jaws off the sidewalk, we left with a speed which I'm sure pleased him. Too bad he never knew the reason for our haste was because God forbid somebody should overhear the conversation and think we were consensual participants -- or worse, in actual agreement with the racist old fart.
          Last edited by MadMike; 01-20-2012, 12:04 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post.

Comment

Words only have the power you give them. Kudos to all involved that acted with maturity and self-control.

Anyone notice its mostly the older generation?

Interesting times we live in when the old man down that road can say to me: "Look at those damned faggots." and I'm looking for interesting embroideries......

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fagoting

Yep.....
            ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Back when the older generation was young, this sort of thing was more acceptable. And some of them have never managed to get their heads around the fact it's no longer acceptable.

However, never believe it's only the older generation. It's being passed along quite nicely to a fair chunk of the younger generation. It's just that we're not hearing much about it, especially on this site.

Nice additional definitions for "fagoting"! And a historical definition for "faggot" is "a bunch of twigs bound together." How this came to be a pejorative term for gays I have no idea.

Gives some good material for snarky comebacks (provided that won't escalate the situation): "What do you mean? I'm not a piece of embroidery/bundle of twigs!"

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                Nice additional definitions for "fagoting"! And a historical definition for "faggot" is "a bunch of twigs bound together." How this came to be a pejorative term for gays I have no idea.
                Maybe since they were used to light fires....so flaming? That's all I got....
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                  Maybe since they were used to light fires....so flaming? That's all I got....
                  That would be my best guess <_< Still sorta flimsy. But I have found that people willing go to as far as making up new words/changing old ones in order to insult others aren't all that creative/bright in the first place...
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                  X