This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Steps of a Transaction: A Guide for Bustice Customers

As stated during my entire previous thread, there are proper and improper times for certain parts of transactions to happen. I figured I should write up and then distribute a guide outlining the proper steps to every man, woman, and child within a five-state radius.

A Purchase

So you've decided that you'd like to purchase clothing, jewelry, and other assorted girly things from Bustice. Congratulations! Before we begin, let's review the proper procedures.

Step one: Enter store and peruse merchandise. Pick up and try on whatever you wish to purchase. See an associate if you need help finding a particular size or fit.

Step two: Come to register area with your desired purchase. If all three registers are busy, please form a single-file line between the clearance area and the bath-and-body fixture. An associate will be with you as soon as she can to assist you.

Step three: Once you are at the register, please be nice to the young lady helping you. She's just human, after all, and trying to pay her way through college or earning spending money as a high school student. She's doing her best.

Step Four: When the associate asks you for your phone number, please give it to her *with* your area code. If you do not wish to receive our mailings, you may politely decline. You need not give any explanation. In fact, we don't care why you don't want the mailings. If you tell us that the gubmint is trying to steal your information via the Bustice Catazine mailings plus the month and year of your daughter's birthday, we will only make fun of you once you have left the registers. Now is an excellent time to inform the associate about any FunCards you may have.

Step five: Present your purchase to the associate. She will then remove the hangers and sensors from everything. No, you can't keep the hangers. No, she's not folding everything picture-perfectly. As she rings things up, please object *now* to anything you feel you do not want. Please make inquiries about the prices coming up on your end of the register. If she has not put in the code for the whole-store 40% off sale, your questions may prompt her to do so. It may have slipped her mind for a second, after all. As I mentioned before, she is only human. If you have FunCards, please let the associate know now, if you have not done so already.

Step six: When the young lady behind the register gives you your total, please hand her your form of payment. We currently accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diner's Club (although I have yet for someone to pay this way), Bustice Credit Card, Gift Card/Certificate, merchandise credit, or personal check. We do not accept favors, good intentions, firstborn children, or puppydog eyes.

Step seven: Congratulations! You're almost done! If you paid with a credit card, please sign the small slip of receipt the young lady has just handed you. If you have paid with a check, you will have to wait until the young lady says everything is clear. Otherwise, have a nice day! Oh, and when she asks if you want your receipt with you or in the bag, don't just say "Yes." Otherwise it's going in the bag and if you lose it, good luck with any returns.

A Return

Step One: Purchase or otherwise receive Bustice goods. Find that your daughter does not fit into or like said merchandise. Locate your receipt. Make sure it is the correct receipt. If you have no receipt, don't worry, we'll still be able to help you.

Step Two: Come to your local Bustice store. If you have an exchange, please locate the merchandise you wish to trade for, then come to the register. If you have a plain-and-simple return, or if you wish to return now and shop later, please proceed straight to the register.

Step Three: Wait in line as necessary. Follow directions for arriving at the register just as you would if you were making a purchase. Please inform the associate that you have a return/exchange.

Step Four: Present the offending items and any and all receipts to the associate. She will be a much friendlier person if you already know what goes to which receipt. Please be patient as she follows company procedure in marking the returns. For those of you without a receipt, please do not grumble that you are only getting back $6 for a pair of jeans you bought three-and-a-half months ago for $40. You can't prove what you originally paid for those pants, and I can only give you back what the pants are currently selling for. Be glad you're getting *anything* back.

Step Five: Returns, regardless of the presence of a receipt, require personal information. Please honor the young lady's request when she asks for your driver's license. Please don't give her a military ID, especially if you are returning without a receipt, because it does not have an address on it. If you don't have your driver's license or a receipt, do not bitch and whine at the young lady who does not want to lose her job over your $40 return. Find someone in your party who does have a driver's license, or come back when you have some kind of proper ID. If you have your receipt, you may give me the information orally if you have any other kind of photo ID. The nicer you are, the more lenient I will be as to what constitutes photo ID.

Step Six: Once your transaction has finished, the young lady at the register will give you the option of either a merchandise credit or the original form of payment. If you do not have your credit card with you, you must take a merchandise credit. If you have no receipt, you must take a merchandise credit. If you paid by check, you must wait 10 days for us to give you cash back. Otherwise, I believe you get a merchandise credit. If you paid cash, you get cash. No, we can't put your merchandise credit onto a gift card. Okay, technically we can, but we're not supposed to and my manager will only allow me to bend the rules if you're being nice.

Step Seven: Sign the top line on the long receipt handed to you by the associate. Do not sign the second or third line, and definitely don't sign all three. This is not your copy, so please don't take it with you. The copy without signature lines is yours. Now, would you like your receipt with you or in the bag?

For the love of Justin Bieber, my customers are dumb.

Quoth retailsweetie View Post
    For the love of Justin Bieber, my customers are dumb.
    Do not, please do not start using teh Bibber's name for such things.

I weep for humanity every time I see his name trending in any way on Twitter. Which means I've almost run out of tears, given how often it happens...
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

The little girls who frequent my store idolize him as such. Personally, next time I'll probably go with "For the love of meatball subs" (mmmm meatball subs.)

Comment

One of your stores is a few stores down from mine. I swear the children are more behaved than some of the adults!

And you've got the same return policy as us...minus needing ID for a return with receipt. So tired of explaining to people that yes, I know it's a gift, sorry, I can't get you anything more than the $15 the computer's offering even though the tag says $75. I can manipulate things if you want to buy something similar right now...oh you'll just try to find the receipt? Sounds good to me.
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Ha! We don't have that many problems with 'returners' at our store, since they mostly know our return policy by heart. Because, you know, it's always the same ones that keep returning!

It still doesn't stop them from pushing us to bend the rules from time to time. Unfortunately, we're pretty lenient when it comes to returns and exchanges, so they know they can push.

Comment

I hated doing exchanges at the thrift store. People were ALWAYS rude or dumb during the process. I had one lady that came up and was sooo nice to me and understood how it worked and I made some comment to her about how I appreciated how nice she was since exchanges were the worst part of my job due to all the mean people. She looked confused and said, "Really? It's not YOUR fault anyone has to exchange anything. Why would they take it out on you?" Instant love was formed in my heart for this lady.

Comment

Quoth retailsweetie View Post
              The little girls who frequent my store idolize him as such. Personally, next time I'll probably go with "For the love of meatball subs" (mmmm meatball subs.)
              My teenage and pre teen nieces hate him.

My five year old nephew loves him. Go figure
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
              X