This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little short pwnage.....

lady calls in and states that shes VERY unhappy with (bank I am contracted by), since apperently we are outsourcing our call centers now....

because and I quote "this indian sounding man barely answered my question, placed me on hold, then hung up on me! I can't belive your bank does this!"

now...I'd been watching our stats most of the day (boredom mostly...)and I know in the notes we only have the inital of our first name and the full last name to signify who entered into the account.

and his name is not that common, and spelled strangely (at least to me), but very most definately hes on our call floor.

"Ma'am I do appologize for the call being dropped sometimes our phones do that without meaning to....however I do recognize the name of the gentleman that you spoke with just before myself, and hes currently sitting less then 2 seats away from me."

"................................................. ........" swear to god I could of heard a pin drop, "well....he still shouldn't of hung up on me, you should tell him not to do that, and train him better....."

rest of the call went normally, but i loved the sound of her mind being shattered due to the fact a VERY american sounding female (myself), just laid the verbal smack down on your very prejudice statement.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

My mother is getting more like this as she ages and it drives me bonkers. For heaven's sakes, just say "No thanks" and hang up! Don't scream at people because they have an accent! The irony, of course, is her father, after 50 years in this country, still had an accent you could cut with a knife.

Comment

I occasionally get people who rant on to me about foreign outsourced call center personnel they've had to deal with too...despite the fact that none of those personnel work for us. (If they're not in our country, they work for clients in an international branch of the company, so they're locals there...but I digress.)

Not to mention, have you ever noticed the extremely large number of regional accents and dialects in the US? And yes, even accents from people who are not originally from this country but nevertheless live here now and are either citizens or at least here legally. They speak English very well or they wouldn't be on our phones. I do not find your xenophobia amusing, SC.
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Love it, I did that same thing. Lady was mad she was talking to "A dirty Mexican" (Her own words) So I had him stand up since he was sitting next to me, and say hello. heh, she was mad!

Love giving the smackdown to racist/idiots.
        Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
        pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Because of my job, I travel to ports in the Middle East, and in Asia. In the 90s in the Middle East, in countries like Bahrain or the United Arab Emirates, you would mostly see Indians or Pakistanis in jobs in the service industry, such as in stores and restaurants. Nowadays, you'll also see people from Asia, such as from the Philipines.

I've come to see people from these countries as being hard working, and no less so than people in these same positions in the States. I've come to see them as having the same ability to laugh or smile as anyone back 'home,' as well as as being capable of being hurt when slighted – because of the fact that they, too, deal with SCs who are often rude, ignorant, or unfeeling.

People really are 'just people,' no matter where in the world you find them.
          Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

Quoth SailorMan View Post
            People really are 'just people,' no matter where in the world you find them.
            And SCs will be SCs no matter where in the world you find them.
            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Oh my word, I should confess - I did this myself. Got the runaround from one of our call centre staff... And because of his name & accent, assumed he was in our Phillipines call centre.... So, I logged a complaint with the management of said CC. Can you IMAGINE how embarrassed I was when I found out he works in one of our national branches?! I was cringing for hours...
              Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
              What's the difference?
              We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

But rose_metal, at least you were cringing. The standard SC would be still trying to twist it around to somehow make it sound like they were right all along. I had a similar incident recently (not about anybody's race or place of origin), in which I jumped to conclusions about somebody. And, of course, my conclusions were totally wrong. Luckily the person I was ranting to wasn't the person about whom I'd been second-guessing ... still though.

Comment

I had someone try to complain to me when I was a supervisor in a call center....

SC-I'd like to talk to you about Krishna...
                  Me-oh yes she's one of our best agents!
                  SC-well she can't speak english
                  Me-yes well she speaks 9 languages fluently, and can sometimes have issues here and there with grammar....I learned that when she was training me.
                  SC-*click*
                  Me-
                  Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                  X