This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parade of The Dramatic . . .

It's been one of those days where I wish for a drink in one hand and a clue by four in the other . . . *sigh*

We've had busy spurts off and on today at work . . . part of the time I ran register, when it would slow down I could go work in my department running backstock/conditioning/checking outs and making sure they were ordered (weekly order sends off tomorrow at noon and I'm scheduled to be off.)

Had two who could have been related tonight . . . they seem to come in pairs anymore . . .

Drama King Extroardinaire . . .

Guy comes through the line with a medium sized order, including some hot dogs that he said were on sale at BOGO. After everything scanned, including his customer card, the discount didn't take.

I checked the ad and although it was the correct brand, it was the BEEF varieties on sale this time. After informing him of this, I voided off the others and he paid for that order and said he'd go back and get the others and come back through. Got payment and he took off toward the back, apparently shoving his bags to the far corner of the rear of my counter (bad move already.)

Huge order came through . . . and the line kept growing for a couple of minutes, then died back down.

Guy comes back though with the beef hot dogs and we can't find his other bags. Ooooh boy . . . not good.

He starts instantly on a tirade about how he'd only been gone maybe four minutes and that we weren't all that damned busy . . . this was like a bad piece of fiction and that he thought there were adults running the registers. . . . ., *yawn*

I called for Daria over the PA to come for assistance, but was told she had to make a restroom run, so I called Goofy (our MOD for the evening.) No sooner do I page him, the cashier at the next register called for him too.

Meanwhile guy is still yammering on about how he was so inconvienced and that this should not have happened, yadda yadda yadda. Nevermind the fact that HE was the one who left his bags up here instead of maybe taking them on to his vehicle and then coming back into the store.

Goofy comes up and I explained the situation to him . . . Guy goes back into Drama King mode continually repeating himself about how this was such a bad piece of fiction and . . . you get the idea. I'm still waiting for him to shut up and pay up and takes off toward the service desk after Goofy tells him to just get what he had before and he'd be taken care of at the service desk.

I ended up having to call him back over to remind him that he still had to complete his transaction (he was paying with credit card.) He runs the card through, still seething. I handed him the receipt and wished him a good evening and told him to come back soon.

The Drama Queen

She came by a short time later while we were trying to get the lines caught back up after yet another burst of activity. Lane beside me at the kiosk got backed up, I'd just cleared out my line and motioned and called for her to come on over.

She seemed nice enough at first but then started complaining about somebody yelled at her and she thought it was so rude that she was yelled at to come to another register and also complained that the light wasn't on (it wasn't because I had to jump back on quickly and I couldn't reach around the line of customers earlier to get it turned back on.)

It was kinda hard to figure out who she was talking about as she was talking in such a low tone (and it was also a bit noisy up front too) but she kept on about how she felt it was so rude and that she didn't think she'd be back because of it.

Have a nice night and come back soon . . . (meanwhile thinking I'm trying to see it from your point of view but I can't get my head that far up my ass.)

All I can say is they need to GTFU and act like adults themselves instead of toddlers.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Ouch. Someone stole his bags. That sucks in any situation.

If I forget something, I usually just take my bags back into the store with me if I can carry it or if I can get the cart through again, I'll do that. If not, I go in and out.

The lady about getting "yelled at"... just a big fat lol.

Comment

Somebody needs to tell SC #1 that grocery bags are grocery bags ... and people who are buying a LOT don't count the bags as they fill up. Which, hello, makes it extremely easy to accidentally (or even on purpose) grab somebody else's bags along with your own.

Bet he doesn't do that again.

Comment

Agreed. Since when does your job duties include "bag babysitter"? If there was a free lane open next to yours it would have been a good idea of the bags were put there for the time being (either by you, a staff member, or the customer), but having worked in a grocery store as a cashier I know that's not always feasible.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
          Agreed. Since when does your job duties include "bag babysitter"? If there was a free lane open next to yours it would have been a good idea of the bags were put there for the time being (either by you, a staff member, or the customer), but having worked in a grocery store as a cashier I know that's not always feasible.
          Normally we'll do that. And most customers will ask to leave their bags there if they need to go back to get something else they've forgotten.

This twerp didn't do that. Guess he was too spechul after all. . .
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

The drama queen would have bitched if you HADN'T called her over, too. Just a can't-win situation.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              The drama queen would have bitched if you HADN'T called her over, too. Just a can't-win situation.
              That's what I figure too. She can take her happy self over to the even more expensive Teeter Peeter store around the corner for all I care.

Better yet, she can go to Wallyworld . . . then she'll see rudeness.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                That's what I figure too. She can take her happy self over to the even more expensive Teeter Peeter store around the corner for all I care.

Better yet, she can go to Wallyworld . . . then she'll see rudeness.
                Oh, Lord will she! I hate using the checkout at my Wallyworld. I'd rather use the SCO.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                X