X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Didn't Start the Fire

This week in My Hotel

We Didn't Start the Fire

The ash can that sits out front caught fire. It's on of those wide base ones with a hollow tube and a hole at the top.

Meg, the AGM, started grousing that we're all too lazy to clean it out, and that's why it caught on fire.

2 points:

#1). I don't smoke. Meg does. Both of our Maintenance guys do. Why do I need to monitor the damn thing? (She was grousing to me)

#2). I don't know how to empty it, or where. This was never covered as part of my responsibilities.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time

Had a young lady come in, at 3:30am and ask if we had tea bags, sugar packets and jelly. I said we had the tea bags and sugar packets, but the jelly is in the back and isn't brought out until breakfast.

She whined about "all she wanted was her bagel", and asked if I couldn't go and get her some jelly. I apologized, but refused.

She wanted me to tell her where it was so she could get it. I told her it was in an "Employees Only" area.

Did I mention she was NOT staying at the Hotel?

I did allow her to take tea and sugar. (It's cold outside, and I am not THAT mean).

Decaf Fix

Had a gentleman come down to the breakfast area. I was just finishing setting out the baked goods, and was about to go get the coffee (I do everything else while I wait for it to brew). He looks at the coffee station, then immediately heads in to the Kitchen area (right past the "Employees Only" sign). I yell "Sir, that's employees only", loudly, at least twice, but he just continues on.

I say it again, after having caught up to him. He gestures to one station asking if its decaf. I repeat myself again. He says that "the girl" let him come back and fill his cup.

Me: I don't know who "the girl" is, but this is Employees Only. I'll have the coffe out in just a couple of minutes.

He then says he doesn't know her name, and he has to go to work. I repeat that it will be just a couple more minutes. (I have to decant it to a carafe, then pour it into the air pots, 2 reg., 1 decaf, 1 Hot H2O. It takes 2-3 minutes MAX)

Tonya (my new alternate) probably did let him back when she was working the Audit shift. However, that doesn't give him an "All Access" pass.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Wow; letting a Customer back there is a HUGE liability for you guys, whether he knows how to work the machines or not. He could hurt himself, burn himself, contaminate food, etc. You might want to report that.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
      Wow; letting a Customer back there is a HUGE liability for you guys, whether he knows how to work the machines or not. He could hurt himself, burn himself, contaminate food, etc. You might want to report that.
      Not only that but employees themselves can be put at a great risk to their personal safety as well. Stalkers know NO boundaries.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

A fire started at my work once, in the garbage can out by the entrance to the store in the parking lot. Someone thought it was funny to throw a lit cigarette in there when there was a lot of paper and other material in the garbage to spread the flames. A coworker friend of mine and I went to extreme measures to stop the fire and keep it from spreading inside the store.

And we didn't even get a thank you from management for our efforts, or the customers themselves.

Comment

Working...
        X