This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange question

Say there is a conjoined twins, who for whatever reason, can't be seperated without killing them, but they can live healthy together. One fine day, the left one kills another person, while the right desperatly pleads and even tries to stop his other half. Or for a lesser crime, he robs a bank. (Say he gets power over the other half). What can the law do? Only one of them killed, the other tried to stop. You can't kill one without killing the other, but you can't send an innocent man to jail, but you can't punish the guilty without punishing the innocent
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

ok so im not a law expert but im in an intro to law class and something which i think is relevant was part of the class
    i dont remember exactly how the teacher(attorney) presented it so i could be wrong
    i think the innocent one could be charged with conspiracy if he didnt call the police assuming it was a premeditated crime
    obviously that still wouldnt be totally fair if he was punished but they wouldnt be totally innocent in the eyes of the law
    if it wasnt premeditated i really dont know what could be done
    remember, im far from a law expert

Comment

That is a fascinating question, Plaidman. Of course I have no idea what the answer is, but I hope someone here can answer it.
      "Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor." - Philip J. Fry

Comment

Plaid, if you'd like I can ask my Mommy. She's used to me asking weird questions. I'm sure she can come up with something.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          Plaid, if you'd like I can ask my Mommy. She's used to me asking weird questions. I'm sure she can come up with something.
          Sure! Lets here what she says.
          Military Spouse Support.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Ryu View Post
            ok so im not a law expert but im in an intro to law class and something which i think is relevant was part of the class
            i dont remember exactly how the teacher(attorney) presented it so i could be wrong
            i think the innocent one could be charged with conspiracy if he didnt call the police assuming it was a premeditated crime
            obviously that still wouldnt be totally fair if he was punished but they wouldnt be totally innocent in the eyes of the law
            if it wasnt premeditated i really dont know what could be done
            remember, im far from a law expert
            It would be a bit unfair to be charged with conspiracy if he couldn't force the other twin to a phone so he could make the call to dob him in.

My brain hurts.
            Total surrender
            Your touch is so tender
            Your skin is like water on a burning beach
            And it brings me relief
            "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

There's a movie from the '50s called Chained for Life that has this plot: A Siamese twin kills the husband who left her. The courts have to decide if she is convicted of murder, how can they punish her sister, who had nothing to do with the crime?
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
              X