This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet stories!

So, I was on the phone with my boss when my kitten started to scratch the couch. I shooed her off, and kept talking. Few minutes later she does it again, and I shake my finger at her, calling her bad kitty. She sniffed my finger, turned around and ripped into the couch again. I was laughing so hard, I couldn't aim with my water bottle XD.

If you change the litter box, she'll go the second it's done, no matter how clean it was before it was changed.

When we first got her, she would stand up like a gopher.

She loves to sleep on a kitchen stool. If you pet her too much, she'll fall off the couch purring so much, then get mad and walk away.

If you pick her up, she starts to sigh alot. I'm seriously. she be "Whaa... huh.... Whuuu huh..." then she'lll struggle to get away.

Anyone else got any pet stories?
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

My dog Hopper likes to sleep on his back. It's rather cute. Also, when he lies on his belly and stretches his front paws out in front, they are always crossed - he's in "civilised" mode when he's doing that!
    He also has the most revolting farts in the world. Seriously, he can clear a room! Yeurgh! He also has this adorable way of tilting his head to one side while you're talking to him.

Oh, and he can pee on command
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

We have decided Rio is double or triple jointed- yes, we know there is no such thing as triple jointed. She can lay on the floor flat with all 4 legs spread straight out and I don't mean just forward and back- I mean straight to the side as well.

We tease that she's part giraffe because her neck is so long she can actually lick her own neck.

She will climb half way up onto the couch or bed and then sigh heavily and try and look pathetic. She only does this when my youngest is around because she knows he'll pick up her back end and put it on the bed for her.

She is a clutz. She trips and falls down more than any dog I've ever seen. She also bangs her head regularly. There have been times where I've walked down the hallway behind her and she's tried to glace over her shoulder at me and *THWACK* hits her head on the wall. She bangs her head on the under side of the key board tray every couple of days. Sometimes hard enough to dislodge it from it's track.

My best dog stories came from my Lady- Girl though. May she rest in peace.

Once, I was on my way downstairs I was going too fast and when I stepped off the bottom stair I twisted my ankle and I heard SNAP! or maybe CRACK! As I started to fall I had to twist even farther to keep from falling through a full length pane glass window.

I had an intense and horrible pain shooting up my leg. there was nausea, etc. I was sure I had broke it. I was in the hallway of my apartment building so I figured I could yell and get a neighbor to get my hubby. Nope- no one home at all.

Meanwhile, upstairs Lady was going insane. Hubby said she kept running up and she'd bark or whine at him and then knock his hand off the computer mouse. Then she'd run to the front door. After she did this twice he decided to see what was making her crazy.

So, in a total, "Lassie, has Timmy fallen in the well?" moment I was saved by my dog.
      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
      HellGate: London

Comment

my Kitten(that I had to get rid if-due to hubby's allergies)-used to hiss if you got near him, I got tired of it and hissed back-he got this total "I'm sorry" look, and jumped up on my lap purring!
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Sarah (R.I.P) - American Staffy cross, was very intelligent, and could unbuckle her own collar, and was constantly taking it off. She loved to watch TV, and would sit on the lounge staring at the screen, and also figured out how to turn it on, so she could watch TV in the middle of the night, when everyone else was asleep.

Andy - 50 kg mastiff x ridgeback, but thinks he is a lap og, and always tries to sit on your lap when you sit on the lounge. He has this "curious look" where he tilts his head to the side when listening to you, and can lay on his belly with all 4 legs stretched straight out, and when you stand over him, he looks like a giant starfish. Alternately, he will have his front legs out staight in front, and his back legs kind of bent and out behind him, making him look like a giant frog. He snores loud enough to wake the dead as well!

Stevie - Spoodle x Kelpie, he wants to play fetch 24/7, and he never gets tired of it. He is super nosy, and has to know what everyone is doing and where they are at any given time. He will sit at a window, and watch the neighbours, or he will be out on the balcony watching the neighbours. He will also watch the world go by, sitting at the window next to the front door (unfortunately for him, we live on a very quiet, very boring street).

Buster - Cat (just a domestic short hair), thinks he is a dog, preferes dog food to his own. He will not eat seafood flavoured food, and but will eat fresh seafood. He loves having a bath (if you are running the water, and don't shut the bathroom door fast enough, he is in the tub swimming laps in the warm water before you can say "boo"). He tends to get into fights with other cats because he thinks he is bigger than what he really is, so he always gets beat up by bigger cats. Has no collar because everytime we buy him one, he wil dissapear for 5 mins and come back without it (he leaves them hanging from the branches of a very tall tree down the street).

*** These are just a few of their quirks... There are alot more!!
          Last edited by scorpionf; 02-10-2007, 10:40 PM. Reason: add more

Comment

When ever I have a shower and leave the door open, my cat Cleo will either sit on the toilet if there is a towel there or on the bathmat and watch me have a shower. When I get out, she'll look at me funny and then jump into the wet tub to watch the water drip out of the tap.

She likes to play peek-a-boo on the back of the couch, too. If I'm being sneaky on one end, she'll jump up on top and run to where I am. But if I jump up from being crouched there, she'll freak and run back to the floor. She'll also swat at my face if I don't move from there and just stare at her.

Also, if I leave wrappers from my Ferrero Rocher chocolates lying around, she will paw them, pick them up in her mouth to take someplace else, and chase them when I throw them.

She has about 15 different toys (spolied, I know) that I usually pile up on the base of her scratching post. More often than not, when I get up in the morning and go into the living room, every single toy is on the floor, in a classic "explosion" pattern.

Comment

Owning a greyhound makes for entertainment. One of the problems owning one is that when they get out, they get out FAST. One day, he got out and I found him at Kroger of all places. He got inside the store and was walking around. Seeing as he is bigger than a normal greyhound he scared a few people but the staff had a great laugh about it.

In my living room we put up gates in front of the couches to prevent him from sleeping on them. Before we did that, he made a game of what I call couch spy, where he would keep an eye on the stairs and when he was sure we were all upstairs onto the couches he goes.

By the way, Iradney I love the avatar. I go into giggles every time I see it. I've been doing it to freak out my sister and saying we must do the forbidden dance in strange voices, quite a bit of fun.
              Last edited by ArenaBoy; 02-11-2007, 03:37 AM.
              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

My beagle likes to lay down on top of the couch against the window and look outside. He also likes to sleep under the covers, at the end of the bed. And he enjoys laying sideways, so not only are you really hot from having another body against you, you get a lot less space. If you are just laying down on the couch with a blanket over you, he will crawl under it and curl up against your legs. And that damn nose of his, he can find ANYTHING. Even if it's a wrapped up box of chocolates in my moms workbag and he never saw them in the first place, he'll still smell them and find them. But best of all, he will chase the neighborhood cats if we are in the frontyard and he sees one. He's treed them all a few times. I think it's funny but apparently the owners don't quite agree.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I have 2 dogs and 3 cats, I know, I know
                  • P.C. (Precious Cuddles) - Sleeps under covers, and sticks her head out onto a pillow. She has every one trained. Will not eat, while someone is watching her. Love the attention, from everyone
                  • Timon - Gets halfway onto a couch or bed, and gives that look, that, You will help me up, even tho, he can get onto the bed and ouch easy. Waits til my dad goes to work, then jumps onto the bed, to lay next to my mom.
                  • Baby - Has the attitude, that her she doesn't smell, likes to suck at my arm...Kneading, like kittens does, to their mothers, never out grew that stage.
                  • Stretch - Runs from me, whenever I get near her, then loves me up, after I wash my hands. Her and my dad, gets into little fights. He messes with her, and she swats at him. Once he walked by her, and she just hit him out of the blue. Gives P.C. kisses on her head. When I do hold her, then she will somehow manage to uppercut me, every time.
                  • Lucky - Plays with everything, except for most of the toys we have bought for them. Will softly bite you, and give you a bunch of kisses.
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                    By the way, Iradney I love the avatar. I go into giggles every time I see it. I've been doing it to freak out my sister and saying we must do the forbidden dance in strange voices, quite a bit of fun.
                    glad you like it! It's my favourite avatar too for that same reason! *giggle*

Hopper also chases his own tail! No, we didn't teach him to do that When he wants attention, he'll put his head on my leg and give me the melty chocolate eyes. I'm a sucker for those eyes.
                    When we're cooking, he'll sit by your feet in the kitchen and paw at you, trying to get you to "shake paw" so he can get some of that food. He also does high-fives

Comment

Iradney- Did you ever get the new puppy? (Sorry, I'm too lazy to find the other thread)...

Rio also stands right next to me when I'm cooking. When I walk from the stove to the fridge she walks right along with me, ears perked up just in case I decide she needs some or I drop something. That drives my mother insane- I think it's funny and it doesn't bother me.

She's also over protective of me. We have a running joke that she's the "Proximity Dog" like a Proximity Alarm. Any time my hubby touches me she gets between us and knocks his hand away with her nose. If he hugs me she'll stand up on her hind legs and hug one of us- then she tries to walk the person she has ahold of away from the other one.

My hubby and I don't wrestle around too much (we're old and tired you know). One day we were both feeling energetic and silly and we were wrestling around. Rio was running around us barking at hubby. He picked me up and threw me on the bed (hubby's a strong guy) Rio jumped up on the bed as he was bending down and bit him on the nose. Not hard- no blood- but you just don't mess with The Mama! Geez- what was he thinking?
                      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                      HellGate: London

Comment

Let's see. We have (this is going to be long..lol)

Sydney- (Yellow Lab X) she's the oldest dog and she's very "motherly". We've had her since I was 8 and everytime either my brother or I would start to play too rough she would bark and bark and bark until we would stop. She also gets "depressed". If she thinks we aren't paying enough attention to her she'll go lay in my parents room with her head under the bed and won't come out till we baby her enough.

Guinness- (Choc Lab) Rescued from a puppy mill raid. He was very very very sick when we got him and is still to this day allergic to everything. He's very very clumsy, knocks over everything and is OBSSESSED with his tennis ball. He's just a typical boy (No offense) He also does that wierd starfish thing when he lays down.

Brandy (Jack Russell/ Doxie X) My dog. She's the princess and gets very very jealous if her "mommy" (me) pays attention to anyone but her. Out of all three dogs though she'd probably be the first one to actually attack someone if they tried to hurt her family. She actually tried to bite my now- boyfriend on the head on our first date.

Then the cats:

Penny: (longhaired black cat) queen of everything. She will only wear a pink collar. I'm not sure how she knows the difference but she does.

Lucky: (Torti) "Rat cat" She is the meanest rattiest little cat that you would ever see in your life. She hates everyone and everything.

Cash: (Bengal mix) Someone dumped her and her brother and sister over my best friends fence when we were in 10th grade. She's my dad's favorite and she is insane. The first bird she ever caught was flying over our pool. She caught the thingin mid-air and dragged it down into the pool. One soaking wet kitten and thousands of feathers later we figured out what had happened. She was 4 months old. We tried getting her to wear a collar with a bell on it, but she figured out how to take them off. She also likes to take a shower in my parents bathroom sink every morning.

Niles: (DSH) my cat. He loves loves loves to annoy all the other cats, and the dog, and my parents. Cash also taught him how to take off his collar whenever he feels like it.

Then theres Natasha the narcoleptic Leopard Gecko. She will litterally fall asleep in the water bowl. It is the funniest thing I have ever seen ( Note: Te vet says she is perfectly healthy, just ....strange). She is also completely in love with her boyfriend Murphy..the non-narcoleptic Leopard Gecko.

And all the fish. My house is a zoo.
                        www.myspace.com/queenofevrything

Comment

I have two shorthair black kitties. The eldest (~6 yrs old) is an 18lbs male who is incredibly timid and the younger one (11 months) is a 9lb female who is quite the opposite.

When the big one was still a kitten, he was running around my bedroom (just being a typical kitten) while I was sitting on the floor and my boyfriend was lying on my bed. He jumps on the bed and starts climbing onto my boyfriend, all the while doing his little kitten meows. He makes his way to my boyfriend's chest, looks him straight in the eye, and lets out this low, rumbling meow (like he was imitating a lion). It was cute, because it seemed like he was trying to assert his position as alpha male or something.

The little one still has the kitten in her. Everything is a toy to her. She chases her tail if it catches her eye (it's a long tail...longer than the other cat's!). She still gets into everything, like closets and cupboards. When I leave the apartment, I have to watch out, because she likes to escape and tear down the hallway. Pain in the butt when I'm already running late for work, but she's cute, so she is always forgiven.
                          -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                          -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                            Iradney- Did you ever get the new puppy? (Sorry, I'm too lazy to find the other thread)...
                            Hey NA nah, I haven't gotten the new pup yet. TTO's birthday is only in June, but I like to plan ahead. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead....

Comment

I have a baaaad kitty.

If he gets bored, he gets into anything and everything. Just last night, I caught him chewing on a DVD cover box.

One of his favorite things to do, is take *all* of his toys, and throw them downstairs. He'll actually take them all into the kitchen, and bat them until they fly off the steps. Then he sits there and whines.

His other favorite thing to do is to hide. He'll hide under the kitchen table, the 3 little tables in front of my couch, on the end tables, behind the couch, and behind the furnace. He actually got into trouble while hiding once--he got into one of the basement cabinets, climbed on the shelves, and managed to destroy one of my models by pouncing on it
                              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                              X