This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Snapped": I'm going to end up on it.

Today is a mess of epic proportions. The card readers won't work, necessiating re-boots of computers. And then there are the check writers, one of whom wasn't sucky, though the other one kind of was.

Check Lady the first: computer just wigged out when I needed to enter her D.L.#. It froze and supervisor told me to re-boot the 'puter, so I had to drag her over to another computer and re-ring it all. I wasn't happy with the computer situation, since I'd had to re-boot the one I was on previously, and that showed. I'll probably get a low survey score because of my "attitude". The lady was so quiet and I kind of joked about it to ease the akwardness, which totally. didn't. work.

Second check lady: She had her license in a holder, covering up the number. I told her I needed either that or to scan the barcode on back. She turned it around inside the holder [let me interject here I just heard someone knock down a shelf 4 feet away as I type this *sigh*]--anyway, there are 2 barcodes and I said that it was difficult to get the right one and her response was "I'm not taking it out." I wanted to tell her she may have to if she wanted to pay today. What is it with licenses and checks?

Then I went over to cover cafe girl's break and I was out of food and people were irritated they had to wait. Do they see anyone else back there? I blame the company. It's a Friday during Christmas rush. Have 2 people!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

"I'm not taking it out"

So, she went to the trouble of removing it, putting it back in, but didn't want to take it out? WTF
    "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
    -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

No better over by me. Extra truck but no extra payroll to cover it, store full of customers bitching at us because we don't have Black Friday Thursday stuff anymore (Srsly), everybody's overworked and complaining, my co-worker has a crying meltdown right in the middle of the salesfloor, and my supervisor and I get hauled into the office to explain to our manager what was going on.

Food Lady, trust me, no matter how bad you think you have it, stay where you are.

I'm now going to drink moderately and pass out.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I know. I'm rethinking my use of "epic". I think that's more to do with how I'm feeling this week. I was just so irritated all day. I'm attributing that to the fact that I'm female <ahem>.

Irv, I have been that crying coworker, I was more likely to throw an actual fit, and maybe some merchandise. I'm not proud of that, but I have hit the boiling point before.

As far as the "I'm not taking it out" lady, she took it out of her purse, but didn't want to slip it out of her wallet or whatever she had it in. I don't get that, either. If a cop were to ask for it and she said that she'd be in trouble.

Comment

I was having a cranky day myself. Took transit to work, was hating humanity in general by the time I arrived. Then had two PITAs to attempt to manage (I'm a lead, so supervising other workers is part of my duties), and screaming kids in the toy aisle.

One of my aforementioned PITAs is none too emotionally stable, and there's been at least one day that a major chunk of my time/energy was spent soothing him down from the edge of meltdown. OK, I have cried at work a few times, but NEVER on the salesfloor. Most commonly in the ladies' room or in a private meeting with a superior.
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            I know. I'm rethinking my use of "epic". I think that's more to do with how I'm feeling this week. I was just so irritated all day. I'm attributing that to the fact that I'm female <ahem>.
            God, I know what you mean... I'm anxious and second guessing myself right now. I'm sure it's THAT problem.

Comment

I wonder what her attitude would be towards a cop regarding not taking it out.. and..

"That's what she said"

Comment

"I'm not taking it out" would be the exact instant that transaction stops, if I were the one running the register, and it would not resume until I could gather the necessary information. A check presented without appropriate ID = no payment at all, as far as I'm concerned, and I'm all too happy to tell a customer that. If presenting proper ID is such a hassle for the customer, then perhaps the customer should get a debit card or pay cash - NEITHER of which require ID. Checks are a damned hassle anyway.
                Last edited by CyberLurch; 12-05-2015, 04:58 PM. Reason: added a thought or two and fixed some spelling

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  her response was "I'm not taking it out."
                  This instantly makes me feel like a little kid. My goal is now to make her take out the license, for no reason other than because she told me that she wouldn't. Like people who stand at the farthest counter away from me, and expect me to walk over. If they are nice and start moving their stuff, I will often say "don't worry, I'll come over there." However! If they just stand there and stare at me, I will say "I can help you over here." I realize this is small and petty, and I don't do it to everyone (anyone who has mobility issues gets a pass) but something about these people makes me become childish. I mean, I am working at this counter, the scissors here are nice and sharp, and I'm close to the phone to page numbers. Don't think I don't have reasons, I do.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Speaking of crying at work, https://www.facebook.com/paige.yore....6317098380302/ I posted on my fb that I could see that happening at my store. Some of those women who come in are nasty.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
                      "I'm not taking it out" would be the exact instant that transaction stops, if I were the one running the register, and it would not resume until I could gather the necessary information. A check presented without appropriate ID = no payment at all, as far as I'm concerned, and I'm all too happy to tell a customer that. If presenting proper ID is such a hassle for the customer, then perhaps the customer should get a debit card or pay cash - NEITHER of which require ID. Checks are a damned hassle anyway.

"I'm not taking it out" would also find it difficult to buy certain cold medicines since registers won't let the transaction go through until the ID is swiped.

Comment

"I'm not taking it out", Ok, let me know when you're ready to. NEXT please!
                        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth ADoyle View Post
                          "I'm not taking it out" would also find it difficult to buy certain cold medicines since registers won't let the transaction go through until the ID is swiped.
                          That's exactly how our system works. If I can't scan the barcode or enter the license number (which I couldn't see), you don't get to pay with a check.

Comment

Working...
                          X