This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview this Friday

I have an interview this Friday for a job as a security guard.

If I am given the job, I will be working either at a former hospital I volunteered at for 16 years or at one of their other buildings.

There is one slight problem...

I depend on public transportation, and so I could only work the first or second shift.

I told the person who called me about the fact that I depend on public transportation after he asked me if I could be available for all 3 shifts. However, he still wanted to interview me.

There is a month long class I would have to attend if I am accepted. According to what I was told over the phone, the class is paid training.

I am nervous due to my transportation limitations.

I hope everything goes OK
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 01-29-2016, 01:05 AM.

Depending on when public transportation ends in your area you might still be able to work third shift. Hopefully, though, you will end up with a set schedule. Working a mixture of all three shifts in the same week can be rather difficult.

More importantly, good luck with your interview.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

I did not get the job because I could not guarantee that due to public transportation I could be available 24/7.

Comment

I found out from my husband today that when he was working at one of the hospitals near where we live, and his employer has a contract with that hospital, he was told by one the security guards there that there is a high turnover rate for security guards working at hospitals.

What I am wondering is this...

Where can you get a job as a security guard working the morning shift inside a bldg. Basically working at a desk?

Comment

Working...
        X