Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, tell me which would be the better deal?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth rerant View Post
    That woman's logic just caused something in my brain to pop and fizz.

Me too...it feels kinda tingly...

Comment

I know I'm one of the only dissenting voices here, but I can see the customer's point. I've seen the $3.00 off coupon and, if it's the same one, this is a manufacturer's coupon. I undestand not taking the whole $3.00 off (since you would then owe the customer money), but the customer should've been able to get these items for free. Many businesses accept manufacturer's coupons on both sale and non-sale merchandise, since this is reimbursed by the manufacturer. So I don't buy the argument that you can't use coupons on sale items.

Not being able to use an in-store-only coupon on a sale item (such as the one Michael's has on a weekly basis) is an altogether different situation.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Most of manufacturers coupons I've seen had the "Not valid with any other discount" line, in variable print size, and either "One coupon per transaction" or "One coupon per item worth at least X" (where X is greater than the discount the coupon offers).

It might just be that manufacturers know how to cover their backs around here.
        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          I know I'm one of the only dissenting voices here, but I can see the customer's point. I've seen the $3.00 off coupon and, if it's the same one, this is a manufacturer's coupon. I undestand not taking the whole $3.00 off (since you would then owe the customer money), but the customer should've been able to get these items for free. Many businesses accept manufacturer's coupons on both sale and non-sale merchandise, since this is reimbursed by the manufacturer. So I don't buy the argument that you can't use coupons on sale items.

Not being able to use an in-store-only coupon on a sale item (such as the one Michael's has on a weekly basis) is an altogether different situation.
          First of all, I already stated that we cannot price-override items already on sale. Our system will not allow it, even if a manager tries it. Read: Impossible. If you don't believe me, fine. I still can't do it, and the problem with it is yours' not mine. Take it up with corporate, since they designed and maintain the check-out system.

Second of all, the point of the post was to point out that she left in a huff and stated she would go to Target, where they would accept the coupons. Fine, but it is unlikely that the product was on sale for the same price. Average price for a pack of these is $4.59, no matter where you go. She would still get the better deal without the coupons being used as full price.

Even if the packs were advertised at $3 each, and she had the coupons, we still couldn't give the discount to her because the product is already on sale. The coupons did say "Not valid with any other discount", which I would have pointed out to her. I always try to scan the barcode that the coupon has, just in case our system will take it, but 99% of the time it does not because the product is already discounted.
          "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

Quoth Nyx View Post
            I've had to print out a sub total receipt before and go item by item and show customers where there money went.
            At Claires, we would have a sale where you get 20 clearance items for $5, unless the sale price was over $10. It's how we could guarantee to clear out our clearance in a weekend.

One time that we had this sale was during a very busy weekend, which had the store CRAMMED. Of course, I was working a Saturday by myself.

I had to go line by line with a woman, who had purchased about half our clearance. She missed the 'unless over $10' line on the sign. Then I had to track down the items she didn't want. Which meant voiding the sale. Which meant a line 5 deep at the register, and 2 ear piercings waiting.

I finally got her happy, worked through the line, pierced ears, and at one point, had an empty store.

That's when the police officer walked in with a bag of Italian Charms.

While I had been dealing with the clearance lady, I had noticed a girl sitting in front of the Italian Charms, but too busy to deal with it.

She, apparently, was robbing me blind!

Fortunately for my store's shrink rate, she tried to steal from a clothing store, and got caught. Since she didn't have a receipt from the charms, which they found on her, they came to check with me. Since I sold very little non clearance items that day, I knew instantly that they were stolen.
            SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
            SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Working...
            X