This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Canarr View Post
    Does anyone here know the name of the movie about a dumb army guy getting frozen, then thawing up in a vastly more stupid world, because the idiots multiplied at a higher rate and bred out the smart people?
    Idiocracy

I believe is the spelling. Its a Mike Judge movie. you know, creator of Beavis and Butthead. King of the Hill, etc.
    heh, great movie.

Its got electrolytes. Its what Spoilers/YOU crave!!
    http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
    Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

In Indiana, your license is automatically suspended if you don't have insurance. In fact, if your insurance lapses, the company automatically notifies the BMV. A friend of mine had her insurance lapse (temporarily) because she forgot to pay the premium by the due date. She received a letter from her insurance company that advised that her policy was cancelled and that the state had been notified. Her license was automatically suspended and it cost her around $350 to get it reinstated. I personally think that this is a good thing, as I was once involved in an accident where the drunk who hit me did not have insurance. It was a major headache for me, as my uninsured motorist insurance had to pay for everything.
      "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Everything seems to be fine and friendly so far, but just a reminder that Raps offers us a site called Fratching for debates about politics or laws that we may or may not agree with.

Anyone interested in taking that aspect of this discussion further can just follow the link in my signature.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I remember when I got my licence recently in an unnamed Aussie state. The piece of paper they gave me pretty much stated that they did not make the test difficult so that people could get their licence. I personally thought that was stupid because some people clearly need to be walking or using public transport to work. That includes the guy that was weaving in and out of traffic this morning who almost took off the drivers side of my car.
          Am I sad because I am looking forward to the day when the people I will be dealing with will no longer be able to talk back?

Comment

For a while I had a license to drive in the Philippines but I don't think I would have wanted to try it. Driving on surface streets in Manila is like driving in stop and go L. A. freeway traffic without lanes or traffic lights for the cross streets. Talk about insurance nightmare!!
            You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

Quoth olstar18 View Post
              About that culling the herd line please remember one thing. If you killed off all the stupid people who would run the country. All the smart ones are to busy working for a living.
              Not to mention who would we laugh at?

Plus this site would probably go out of existence.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
                And the unfortunate opposite end of the spectrum to what sliceanddice was referring are instances like when my sister-in-law got into a minuscule fender bender so minor both parties agreed to not even call the cops. Then two weeks later got lawsuit notices, doctors bills for "severe trauma", etc. Fortunately the judge laughed it out of court, as did her insurance when they got all kinds of bogus claims.
                oh the police where called, they just never showed up. i know fun

Comment

I'm fortunate that the only time I've ever been in an accident where it was someone else's fault (I've had two minor fender-benders where I was at fault - no insurance called in either case), the person in question owned up to it and their insurance covered pretty much all of the reasonable expenses. I made a point of getting a physical checkup to make sure I wasn't any more damaged than I expected (strained neck muscles).

However, people really need to be made more aware that what they are so blithely cruising around in are 2-ton rolling boxes of death and are to be taken most seriously.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X