Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charging her with stealing post (when she didn't seem to be aware it was post), or assaulting the police officer seems overkill and unlikely to stick.

But I'm also surprised anyone is suggesting she did nothing more serious that unintended damage. Sure she can (and if sensible, or as we know that's not the case if her lawyer is sensible) argue that she did not intentionally push the police officer, and that she didn't know that there was post in the bowl. But I can't see any (valid) defence against assaulting the postal worker.

She deliberately pushed her. It's not like "I thought she was stealing my bargain!!!!" is a reasonable motivation for pushing someone.

So personally I hope she got punished for that assault, and not for the other charges. And maybe (just maybe) learnt not to go around pushing people.

It's a great story regardless of what happened next though.

Victoria J

Comment

Not sure whats happened since then because I haven't talked to my sister carrier yet. Only get to talk to her when she isn't in school or watching her brother's kids when he's at school.

Should be sometime next week that we'll find out if anything is happening.

Comment

Was this woman so completely unaware of her surroundings that she didn't notice the sound of breaking glass/crockery after she shoved your friend? Because if she heard it and then still had the audacity to yell- wow. Just, wow.
        Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

Payback is a bitch, especially for that SC!

ETA: I had to add that linky in there...it just made me think of the payback is a bitch scene on Scrubs.
          Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 05-31-2008, 01:06 AM.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Absolutely Gorgeous!

I wonder what she would have said if the blood hadn't been drained from her face on sight of the cop? I bet it would have been something like this:

"Why don't you people know better then to not mess with a future jailhouse sexslave?"

She'd make a Very good psychic.
            Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

This reminds me of one of Chapelle's "Keeping it Real" sketches. The one with the girl who got a wrong number and thought the lady who called the wrong number was sleeping with her boyfriend. So she "kept it real" by doing a reverse phone search, googling the address, then going to the address and wrecking the innocent lady's car. What she didn't know was that the car belonged to the innocent lady's brother, who was an FBI agent, and the car was gov't property. After a short trial the girl then got to keep it real in prison, only to find out chicks doing hard time for life "kept it realer". The twist was that the best friend who encouraged her to "keep it real" was the one who was sleeping with the b/f.
              The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury. - Marcus Aurelius
              If you're slower than me, stupider than me, and you taste good...you're dinner - Anthony Bourdain

Memento mori.

Comment

IIRC, let me restate, IIRC, tampering with a mail container is a punishable offense. That is something teh SC definitely did. No excuse if it said Mail in large friendly letters. If the store sold pottery, I bet it did.

Comment

Working...
                X