Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, mine is controlled by diet...thank goodness. Insulin's freaking EXPENSIVE.

But since it's gestational...I have a fairly good chance (I hope) of it going away when I have the baby. One of my friends had it, and the day she had the kid...she ate an ENTIRE double layer chocolate cake. I couldn't even do that before I had diabetes... :P
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
      Yeah, mine is controlled by diet...thank goodness. Insulin's freaking EXPENSIVE.

But since it's gestational...I have a fairly good chance (I hope) of it going away when I have the baby. One of my friends had it, and the day she had the kid...she ate an ENTIRE double layer chocolate cake. I couldn't even do that before I had diabetes... :P
      You'll be fine.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

If you replace the ice cream with ice and sugar in the Orange Julius copycat recipe cited above ... you'll get something that's far, far closer.

I was a Julius addict as a child.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
          Type 2, as I got it in my late teens it doesn't count as type 1 (the kind that children get). Controlling type 2 with diet is a lot easier for me than having to take insulin shots (I've looked into it, in case I messed up someplace and lapsed really hard) as I'm broke and can't afford the insulin.
          You're not alone here. I was diagnosed seven years ago. I've managed to control it with diet and pills. If I can lose a few more pounds (I've lost 50 so far), I might be able to do without the pills.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            We made those where I worked at college. Fill to the line with milk, add a couple scoops of ice cream, and blend.
            Ah, the earning of your stripes in an ice cream joint - "exploding" a shake all over you from the metal mixers when the ice cream lumps on the spindle and imbalances the thing, causing milk to go flying out. Even more points if it's chocolate on your white work uniform and you get your SHOES too. Luckily I think I exploded less than 10 my entire 3+ year career.

Comment

Working...
            X