This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Emrld View Post
    Ok - I see another difference of point of view (which it is great to have different view points)

Personally I / Emrld see using someone's name as showing them respect . . .it says I see them as an equal and I am not better than them in anyway
    The problem that comes up with this particular scenario is that it's one-sided. As an equal, if you are going to use a person's name, you should also offer up your own to provide an even playing field.

Otherwise, regardless of intent or execution, you will be operating from a position of superiority.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I have no problem offering my first name up.

In fact I have had many times where when handed a Credit Card the employee than addresses me by the first name on the card . . .that doesn't bother me either.

Comment

Personally, the only time I can tolerate being called honey is when my girlfriend calls me that. Otherwise, it just creeps me out.

Comment

I don't mind being called "pet names" either but when a customer is being nasty to me, then I will not accept that!

Comment

Working...
          X