Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reason and Logic? I'm too stupid for that! (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be very interesting to see her reaction when you tell her that the computer is riddled with viruses, I wait with baited breath.... and alcohol for the party i'll have afterwards
    I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

Quoth Supermarket Slave Girl View Post
      It'll be very interesting to see her reaction when you tell her that the computer is riddled with viruses, I wait with baited breath.... and alcohol for the party i'll have afterwards
      Actually, that's possibly the worst thing that they can say to this customer. She'll probably insist that they either should have fixed it, or they caused the problem in the first place.

No, Confirm that the motherboard is working to spec and tell her it's a problem with Windows and give it back to her.

NOTHING is going to satisfy her in any rate, but it'll be better to NOT open up another can of worms (and virus) ...

Eric the Grey
      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
        it'll be better to NOT open up another can of worms (and virus) ...
        As somebody who's had to deal with a relative claiming a virus must have unplugged the monitor, I concur. Don't even say virus to a non-techie.

Comment

Agree. Stick to your T&C - you tested the M/B ONLY and it was working within spec. If she wants further tests/repairs, she'd best be prepared to pay for your time and labor - and she'd
          better understand that UP FRONT. Can't tell you how many times I've dealt with this sort of
          shit.

Comment

Quoth Rivulatus View Post
            Somehow I think this tale hasn't ended yet, because not surprisingly when the tech tested it this afternoon it wasn't the mainboard that was at fault. The computer is riddled with viruses, so we'll see what happens tomorrow when she comes to collect.

Well if all goes wrong, you'll have some computer parts to parcel out to needing machines. The ball's in your court now, don't serve till you think the other person will hit back (instead of grabbing the ball and running away)
            Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

OMG!! I think my brain just melted!!! Kudos to you for not stabbing her with a blunt object!!!
              What a fricken moron!!!!!!!!!!! (her, not you! LOL!)
              "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

So did she come back? I gotta hear how this ends!
                "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

OK, I will never again complain about the stupidity of my callers... you win, I will never have someone dumber than that.

oh and please keep us updated.
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

You know, the viruses will somehow be your fault when she comes back. She'll claim that you should've have fixed that last time.

My head hurts. I need some aspirin. This woman's cluelessness was just painful!
                    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Do want update, please.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Lets what kinda comebacks the cs might have.

- But the viruses were on the motherboard, so its the motherboard's fault!
                        - You installed a motherboard WITH viruses.
                        - But YOU said I did not have to pay to get it repaired!

I can't wait for the update.
                        "Wow, that has to be the best genital analogy EVER. "

Comment

Dear Goddess, that customer brings back a flood of memories.

I congratulate you on your mad skillz for dealing with that customer. 'Logic' like that makes my mind melt...

4 years of helpdesk duty has rendered me unable to combat such stupidity with rational argument; they don't listen to same anyhow...
                          *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
                          *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

My wife had a short bout of this kind of sickness a few years ago. My truck had three bad months where the 'check engine' light kep coming on. There were three COMPLETELY UNRELATED issues that just happened to come in a little convoy. She was convinced the shop should have known about problems B and C when I took it in for problem A.

For the sake of family harmoney (and because I hate sleeping on the couch) I let her think she was correct and we found a new repair shop.....but I don't think you guys will rat on me when I say she was flat out stupid-crazy WRONG!

Good thing she is still cute....
                            Hmm...more zombies than usual...

Comment

Quoth Gruesome View Post
                              My wife had a short bout of this kind of sickness a few years ago. My truck had three bad months where the 'check engine' light kep coming on. There were three COMPLETELY UNRELATED issues that just happened to come in a little convoy. She was convinced the shop should have known about problems B and C when I took it in for problem A.
                              My aunt's car once had the check engine light coming on all the time, and multiple visits to various mechanics couldn't fix it. Then one of them thought of checking if the check engine light was faulty...

Comment

Working...
                              X