Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple calls from the same person (perhaps a tad long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple calls from the same person (perhaps a tad long)

Today, the same kid kept calling our store about the same crappy game. I made a mention of this to my manager, and he said that the kid's been calling all week, asking about the game. Well, today my phone conversations went a little like this:

AK: Annoying Kid
    MOD: Manager on Duty

(Phone rings)
    Me: Thanks for calling GameStop where you buy and sell used games, this is (my name), can I help you?
    AK: Yes, I was wondering if you all had a copy of Phantasy Star Universe used for the Xbox360?
    Me: Hold on just a minute and let me check.

I check the computer, it says we have it in stock.

Me: Yes, looks like we have one.
    AK: Okay. (hangs up)

elapsed time, 30 minutes

(Phone rings, I greet in the same way)
    AK: Do you all still have that game, Phantasy Star Universe?
    Me: Yes, it's still here.
    AK: If we get it, and it has online multiplayer, can me and my sister play it together?
    Me: I'm not really sure, but let me ask one of the other guys here. (I hand the phone to MOD after explaining the situation)
    MOD: (on phone) The only way you can play this with your sister is if you have two separate Xbox360s and two separate games. It looks like the multiplayer is online only. You'll also need an Xbox Live! membership, and have your Xbox360 connected to the internet. (He finishes the conversation and hangs up)

elapsed time, 25 minutes

(phone rings, AGAIN. I greet it, it's the same freaking kid!)
    AK: How much is the game?
    Me: 17.99 used.
    AK: Okay. (hangs up)

Now here's the kicker; on Sundays, we close at six. Kid calls us back at 6:10pm.

AK: Oh, are you all still open?
    Me: No, we are closed. Sorry, man.
    AK: Well, we were going to go get that game after we finished eating. Can't you open the store back up? It'll be quick...
    Me: I'm sorry (only not really) but the registers are already shut down and can't be powered back on for today. You'll have to come back tomorrow. We open at 10:00am.
    AK: .....Ok... (hangs up)

And, as if this weren't enough... FIVE MINUTES LATER..!

MOD: This is GameStop.
    AK: Can't you just open up for us? It'll be really quick.
    MOD: No, we can't.
    AK: (starts rambling about something else entirely).
    MOD: Listen, I've been here all day and I need to get done so I can go home. Just come in tomorrow and we'll be sure to help you out and get you that game. (hangs up on the kid).

And yes, my manager was pretty rude to the kid, but personally... after an eight hour shift, and that kid having called so many times TODAY and, apparently, so many times this WEEK about the same game... yeah, I'd say he had a right to be annoyed with him.

MOD: Wait until he gets a job.
    Me: Then I'll find out where he works, call him 5 million times a day and ask about crappy whatever-they-sell-where-he-works.
    MOD: I was going to say, he'd understand what it feels like to just want to get the hell out and go home, but ok.
    This message brought to you by a hopeless pop-culture-obsessed social reject.

How old do you think the kid was?

Comment

He sounded to be at least in his teens. Maybe fourteen... fifteen...

Comment

Wow, what a little ass.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

He needs to learn to just ask all his questions at once and not keep bothering us.

Comment

Hopefully he will get the slap upside the head that won't result into a downward spiral of SC-ness.

Comment

Yes, one can only hope. I'd hate to see if he became a full-fledged SC.

Comment

The worst ones are the little ones who happen to be 5 or 6, calling because the parents obviously think they should learn how to use the phone, and guess who get to be guinea pigs? they call like 3 minutes apart and you dont ever see them come in.

Comment

Working...
                X