This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first post...really, really, really dumb cust

I work in probably the worst telephone dept possible....retention(aka "cust gets mad enough, unreasonable enough, etc transfer to us") for a cell phone company. I had a lovely guy on the phone the other day, conversation went like this:

Me: Thank you for calling -------, how can I help you? (mind you this was in perfect english....just a boring midwestern american accent)

SC: You can help me by getting me someone that speaks english!

Me: Sir, obviously I speak english, what can I help you with?

sc: Yeah, sure you do.

me: Mr. so-and-so, I'm in the US, born and raised, is there something I can do for you?

SC: yeah, yeah, your in america and I'm the queen of england! (screaming at this point) you can get me a supervisor...an american on that speaks english!

Wow...somebody has issues. What did he expect? Someone who had the exact accent as he did.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
      Wow...somebody has issues. What did he expect? Someone who had the exact accent as he did.
      Well, obviously. If you don't share his accent, you can't possibly speak English.

I wonder what he'd do if he managed to get the Queen on the phone....
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Heh, I could see it now...

*British speaker* : How can I help you?

SC: GET ME SOMEONE WHO SPEAKS ENGLISH!

BS: Well, technically, sir, THIS is English.. I'll transfer you to someone who speaks American-ese
        Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Aw, they just assumed that most people outsource these calls to India... but when you assume...
          This message brought to you by a hopeless pop-culture-obsessed social reject.

Comment

I had a lady like that once! It really got me mad because she wouldn't believe me

SC- Are you in the US?

ME- Yes m'am, what can I do for you?

SC- And you speak English?

ME- (I have a southern accent, but just barely COME ON!) Yes m'am...

SC- What state are you in!?

ME- Colorado (our company was based in CO, so I claimed I was there).

SC- Uh huh, who is our president?

ME- M'am if you want me to help you I would be more than happy too, but short of showing you my social security card I have no other way of proving that I am an American citizen, other than my word.
            "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."

Comment

Quoth Enigma View Post

the SC does realize that pretty much everyone on the planet knows the the POTUS is... he ends up in the news often enough.
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Regarding these Americans who insist upon talking to someone who speaks English, I say hang up on them. No point in arguing with the losers. They're 100% SC, EW, and ultra-nationalist all wrapped up in undereducated ball.

he ends up in the news often enough
                Or burned in effigy!
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Welcome!

Would've been cool to put him on hold for a minute or two and pick back up and pretend you were not the same person. If you could put on an English accent and say you were the queen, that'd be awesome.

Ahh....dream land.
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Enigma View Post
                    Gorge(sp?) bush. You don't have to be American to know THAT question. lol.

*British speaker* : How can I help you?

SC: GET ME SOMEONE WHO SPEAKS ENGLISH!

BS: Well, technically, sir, THIS is English.. I'll transfer you to someone who speaks American-ese
                    Technicly Americans don't speak ENGLISH as their language differs slightly... Just a random and unrelated fact.

Me: Thank you for calling -------, how can I help you? (mind you this was in perfect english....just a boring midwestern american accent)

SC: You can help me by getting me someone that speaks english!

Me: Sir, obviously I speak english, what can I help you with?

sc: Yeah, sure you do.

me: Mr. so-and-so, I'm in the US, born and raised, is there something I can do for you?

SC: yeah, yeah, your in america and I'm the queen of england! (screaming at this point) you can get me a supervisor...an american on that speaks english!
                    Two theroyies. He's a firm believer in what I said above. Or he's a nutcase.
                    MMO Addicts group

Comment

LOL

Good story! Welcome to the nuthouse!

Comment

....so the fact that you understood the acusation (sp?) that you did not speak english, and responded in perfect english did nothing to convince him?
                        a lost cause id say, the mind boggles.....

Comment

I was once talking to this lady and she didnt like what I was telling her so she pointed out to the fact that I had an accent (we all have accents don't we?) so I asked her if she wanted to speak to someone else and she said yes. I then transferred her to the Spanish line

Comment

You should have told him that the minute he starts speaking English, you'll put him on the phone with someone who does, just to see how he'd react.
                            Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Opinions of the President of the US are Fratching material, so can we please leave off now, before someone says something too far?
                              (Pst: white texting doesn't absolve you from the rules )
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X