This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Mine!

Okay this actually comes from one of my sister carriers but I thought should go here under the SC thread...why cause I wasn't sure if it should be here or sightings since I didn't sight it.

ANYHOO! My sister carrier lives in one of the Carolina's, not sure if it's North or South but hey, not really revelant. She has a route with businesses on it where you have to take the mail INSIDE and on this route is a lovely little store that was going out of business and was PACKED.

Apparently the store has some trouble makers earlier and had called the cops to help them tame the unrulely people and about the time they showed up so did my sister carrier. Heading up to the check out counter she spied the bowl the store used for their mail. Was a lovely hand made piece with MAIL written in glaze, I'll try to get her to send me a phone pic if she has one, and within this lovely bowl were letters to go out.

Now most people when they see something like this know that this item isn't for sale and that the letters in said item are only to be touched by the shop owners and the carrier. So she squeezes between a couple people who make room for the cop moving up behind the carrier and as the carrier reaches for the mail a lady grabs at the bowl, "I'M BUYING THAT!" Pulling the bowl to her the ladies arm rams back into the carriers chest, (left a nice bruise on her too) and throws the carrier off balance. She falls back into the cop who gets jarred and falls back into a display.

Sucky lady screeches out, "WHY DON'T PEOPLE KNOW BETTER THEN..." turns a looks back at carrier and cop, "then...then to...uh..."

Cop picks himself up, helps the carrier up and looks at the damage done by the two of them falling. Broken glass shelves, broken pottery, and several people with their jaws to the floor at what just happened. My sister carrier said that everything was almost dead silent and nobody wanted to then meet that cops gaze. Calling into his radio he had them call the post office to inform them of a incident involving one of their carriers and if they could have a supervisor come out. He then steps up to the lady taps the bowl and asks her in a very cool voice, "Was it worth it?"

Turns out lady is getting charged with...

Assault on a federal employee
    Assault on a Police Officer
    Damage of Private goods
    Public Outburst (not sure on that one but this is just getting relaid)

And because she 'attempted' to take first class mail...

THEFT of First Class mail (5 years and/or 5000 dollars per piece of mail)

Nelson Munce voice 'Ha-Ha!'

Awesome! I love it! Glad no one was hurt permanently.
    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

damn, that sc got owned by their own stupidity... I almost feel bad for her (almost).
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

For the win!
        Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Wow. Best story ever.
          Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Well I guess karma does exist, well at least for that lady, it sure did bitchslap her in the face.

Could also see my brother-in-law, the soon to be cop, being as cool as that cop.
            Am I sad because I am looking forward to the day when the people I will be dealing with will no longer be able to talk back?

Comment

Good stuff.
              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I imagine she'll regret that for a good long time.
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Aiyiyi... the stupid is strong with this one. I love how everything got quiet and everyone was humbled after they realized what had just happened. As for the sucky lady: pwned.
                  A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Your story just WARMS the cockles of my heart!!!!
                    You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

Did I misss something? Why did she want the bowl of mail?
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                        Because it was HERS! SHE was buying it. HER! Not ANYONE ELSE!

I think it's sort of the mentality...if you ever had siblings or the like, and did battle declaring random objects in the house as, "MINE!" But, I mean, the last time I played that game I was eight.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                          She wanted the bowl. Because it was obviously on sale (extreme going-out-of-business sale, right?) But damn, one thing you do not mess with in the USofA is the mail. That comes with some seriously nasty penalties.

Comment

Haha, I never had that problem. I have a brother. I didn't want to play with his toys. We didn't start fighting over stuff until we got a little older and dad took us shooting and I wanted to shoot the biggest gun but I couldn't lift it and the damn thing was as tall as me.

Now I get it, though. What next, customers are going to grab paper weights and scream "MINE! YOU CAN'T HAVE IT!" with that zombie look on their face, blood splashing everywhere, hissing violently like a feral cat?
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                              Haha, I never had that problem. I have a brother. I didn't want to play with his toys. We didn't start fighting over stuff until we got a little older and dad took us shooting and I wanted to shoot the biggest gun but I couldn't lift it and the damn thing was as tall as me.

My mom made the mistake of buying us label makers.

Comment

Working...
                              X