This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scam on, Scammers!

Ahh...the joys of priority club members. Let me count them! =/. Today, this gentleman was escalated to me. Below is our conversation. May we all revel in his stupidity and scammery-ishness together.

Me: Good afternoon, this is dekydrose, supervisor. I understand there is some confusion regarding your reservation?

Sucky Gold Member: Damn right there is!

Me: I'm sorry to hear that...what seems to be going on?

SGM: Are you aware that you have an Intercontinental in (some small town), AR?

ME: No....

SGM: Well, neither was I!!!! So imagine my surprise when I booked a reservation through 1-800-holiday and received my email confirmation which stated I was going to stay at an Intercontinental!

Me: Sir?

SGM: That's right! So I was planning on staying at a 5 star location and was travelling with a business companion. Imagine my embarassment when I arrived and found not an Intercontinental but a Holiday Inn!

Me: Ooookay...so you say you received an email confirmation stating you would be staying at an Intercontinental? (pulling up our email tracker)

SGM: YES!!!! In fact, I have the email right in front of me. Let me read it to you!
    Dear Mr. so and so. Thank you for choosing INTERCONTINENTAL for blah blah blah

ME: (also looking at his email) Hmmm...You know, sir, with all due respect...our emails will say Intercontinental on them because it's our company's name...it will say it on the bottom of the email...Perhaps you are confusing that with the hotel brand? (I ALWAYS try to give them a chance to come clean and not look like idiots once i OWN them)

SGM: No. I just read you what my email says. Are you going to refund my 15,000 points or not?!!?!?!

Me: Unfortunately, Mr. ******, I can not refund your points. I have a copy of the email that was sent to you and only at the very bottom in tiny print does it say Intercontinental. It DOES say in large letters "Holiday Inn" as your hotel of choice.

SGM: Are you calling me a liar?

Me: Sir, I am only reading the information I have available to me.

SGM: YOU ARE CALLING ME A LIAR?!?!?! I AM A GOLD LEVEL MEMBER. I AM NOT STUPID. THIS EMAIL TOLD ME I WAS STAYING AT AN INTERCONTINENTAL I...

Me: Sir. Again, I have the email confirmation that was sent out to you in front of me. The email states it was a Holiday Inn. I'm sorry, but I can not

SGM: *Click*

Yet another winner...in my day of winners.

How dare you with your fancy computer software prove me wrong. I am the customer!

/SC off

Comment

Oh man, the non-sign reading SCs have altered their stupidity to include emails, too.
      There is no hope for us.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
        Oh man, the non-sign reading SCs have altered their stupidity to include emails, too.
        There is no hope for us.
        They don't read anything unless it includes the words 'free', 'sale', or 'half price'. And even then they only ever read enough to completely misinterpret the thing.
        ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Quoth dekydrose View Post

No sir, not at all. Just a profoundly stupid and self-entitled imbecile.
          I will never go to school!

Comment

What small town in Arkansas was this man expecting a 5 star hotel in?

Comment

OK, let me get this straight.

He called to make a reservation at a Holiday Inn with his 15,000 points.
              When the confirmation comes, it says "Intercontinental" on it, so he ASSumes he's now staying at a fancy hotel. For some reason, he does not report the "mistake", thinking he's somehow mysteriously been upgraded.
              Then when he gets to the location and finds out it is indeed a Holiday Inn (which he had booked in the first place), he freaks out.
              Something is wrong with this picture.

I myself am a Priority Club member and I know for a fact that you can't get a free room at a Crowne Plaza or Intercontinental or anything that fancy with a mere 15,000 points. Those rooms are at least 30,000 points, am I right? If this guy were indeed a gold member, you'd think he'd know that.

Comment

::laughs:: I think it's pretty obvious he just wanted his points back so that he could use them elsewhere...I think crowne plaza's run from 25,000-30,000 and Intercontinentals are 50,000.

Now, I'm a reimbursement whore. I will reimburse people like no other IF they have valid complaints and problems. I have up to two night's room and tax or $400.00 and I will compensate like a lunatic.

But seriously? COME ON

Comment

"Well...either that or you're a complete imbecile.

SC: "I AM NOT A LIAR!"
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I have been a Priority Club member for years... Where are these new Intercontinental Hotels? They sound cool.

I always thought they were for people who didn't have to worry about whether they had points or not.

Getting one at Holiday Inn points level must be very special.
                    Last edited by Eben56; 05-30-2008, 02:49 AM.
                    Eben56
                    If ultimately you let the people that fuck you over decide your attitude then they won.

Comment

Working...
                    X