This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoping I don't get this ... customer ... very often

Or I might not make it through my 90-day probation.

SC: You Know Who
    Me: Increasingly psychotic cashier
    AC: Assistant cashier (who is packing SC's groceries)

So SC comes up to my register and while I am ringing up her stuff, she goes on about how she only has $100 on her and she left her card in her car but she has $10 on her loyalty card. She keeps going on about this. And on and on and on.

So as I'm getting to the end of her groceries, she's keeping an increasingly eagle eye on the total. Her last item is a giant bag of cherries.

Cherries are expensive.

It brings her total past what she can afford.

Now she goes into a fuss about what to leave behind.

How about the cherries.

Ok, I void out the cherries.

Oh wait, now her total is REALLY far down so maybe she can have some cherries after all?

I weigh in a small amount of cherries in a small produce bag.

Oh, look, she can probably afford a few MORE cherries ...

Me:

By this point I am so frazzled I'm about to void out this second bag of cherries when AC pipes up and says, "No, no, just put a few more cherries in another bag."

Ah. Right.

I do so and this brings total -- and her collection of cherries -- up to an acceptable level.

She beams at me. "Ah, she knew what to do." *motioning to AC* "Are you new?"

Me: "Yes." (A nice monosyllabic word fired out like a bullet)

We finally get her rung up and she departs.

At this point AC tells me she has had this same customer a few times and she now attempts to get somebody else -- anybody -- to ring her out, because she's a PITA Every. Single. Time.

Not only does she not help to bag her own groceries (well, a lot of people don't) but she won't even put the bags in her buggy. She stands there and stares at the cashier. (Fine, I will put your bags in the buggy IF I have not moved on to another customer. If I have, you can stand there and stare till the the cows come home.) AC says she is as stone-cold with this woman as she can manage without risking an accusation of rudeness, which sounds eminently sensible to me.

Thank Bastet there was nobody behind her.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

jesus some people. And who the hell leaves their card in their CAR? There is this thing, that the money goes into, called a wallet, put it the hell in there.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

One of my routine tasks is replacing lost/stolen cards for my callers. WHY do people leave WALLETS in their cars? Do they LIKE having the car broken into?
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
        One of my routine tasks is replacing lost/stolen cards for my callers. WHY do people leave WALLETS in their cars? Do they LIKE having the car broken into?
        Yup same here, l/s cards, and yep they keep wallets and stuff in their cars like a dummy.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
          I really don't understand that at all. And it does indeed happen; when my son was in preschool, other mothers would park their cars and leave their purses sitting right there on the passenger seat, easily visible, while they went into the school to pick their kids up. This was not the nicest part of town, and smash-and-grabs were very common there. Yet they still left their purses in the car, and were utterly shocked when they'd come back to the car to find a broken window and a missing purse.

"But I was only gone a minute!" Um, yeah dummy, a smash-and-grab takes only a few seconds. While you're at it, why not just wear a "Rob Me!" sign?! Sorry, but if you're stupid enough to leave your valuable credit card, wallet, purse, etc. in the car, I can't feel sorry for you when it gets stolen.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Leaving a wallet in an unattended car is dumb enough, but leaving a PURSE clearly-visible on the passenger seat is especially moronic. Is it that difficult to just drape it over your arm if you're just going in "for a minute"?

Comment

It doesn't excuse leaving them in a car, but I can understand how it happens. For wallets, if they are big enough they can be awkward to keep in your pocket while driving or sitting, so people take them out of the pocket and leave them on the centre console or a nook or somewhere and forget it when they get out. Purses are even easier to forget especially if you don't need anything in them.

It certainly doesn't excuse leaving them behind for the smash and grab, but I can understand how it can happen.

Comment

Even if I don't need my purse going in somewhere, I take it with me, I don't leave it in the frigging car!

Comment

I never understood the whole 'take wallet out of pocket and leave it somewhere at every opportunity' deal. Maybe it has to do with those that keep them in rear pockets, and the uneven seating level. Of course, since I keep a wallet in the front pocket... never had any of those problems.

Comment

I have never in my life kept my wallet in a back pocket. Not only is it uncomfortable, but it also makes it MUCH easier for a pickpocket to ply his trade.

Comment

The only time I can think of that I left my wallet in my car was because I had changed from one pair of trousers to another. (Shorts were appropriate for the weather, but not appropriate for volunteering at the animal shelter.) Left the wallet in the one and went out to grab some food after my volunteer shift. I was wearing the others. Oops! So I had to run back out, dig through my bag to find the other trousers, then get the wallet out of them.
                      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                      X