This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• job hunting WTF

I just noticed this when reviewing my job hunting email account.

Applying for "Job X" with "Company H"

Received email from hiring rep for "Job X" about getting me an interview, dated the 8th of January, been replying back and fourth and last email she sent was an apology on not getting back to me sooner about getting my interview set up.

I went to check for an update and put in "Company H" for my filter and saw...

WTF? I had an email dated Jan FOURTH from them saying they were unable to interview me for the position but invited me to apply again for other positions.

Um ok... then why the fuck is your rep still emailing me about setting up an interview? And better yet why was her FIRST email me four days AFTER you told me "no thank you"?

but maybe i'll be lucky and she'll set me an interview anyway. who knows.

It could be that they were unable to interview because the job had been filled - and then whoever they hired was unable to fill that job for some reason (failed background check, didn't show up, decided not to take job, etc) so they decided to go back and interview you. I would perhaps email to check and see what happened, in case wires got crossed so you don't end up wasting time interviewing for a job that's already filled, know what I mean?

Comment

Quoth sevendaysky View Post
      It could be that they were unable to interview because the job had been filled - and then whoever they hired was unable to fill that job for some reason (failed background check, didn't show up, decided not to take job, etc) so they decided to go back and interview you. I would perhaps email to check and see what happened, in case wires got crossed so you don't end up wasting time interviewing for a job that's already filled, know what I mean?
      This. There could be a communication problem at that company....maybe the job was filled or they decided not to fill it at all, and someone forgot to tell this woman.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Or that they're now trolling for new emails. I've often had rep's email me about jobs that have NOTHING to do with the posted position...and post that again and again. Then after I ask if that position's been filled..they say it's done. Then re-post it.

Fishing.
        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Working...
        X