This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The magic vanishing bank...

My store has an ATM at the front, from a fairly large bank. A few days ago, I overhear a customer asking if there was a branch of that bank around. Unfortunately co-irker B was within earshot as well...

CW: "Hmmm, I don't know..."
    B: "No, none of that bank here."

Yes there is; it's about five blocks away, but it is in town. Maybe a ten-minute walk at most.

Me: "Yes, there's a Green Bank here, it's [gives fairly detailed directions] down this street."
    B: "No, no bank there. It closed."

Bwuh? Customer looks confused.

Me: "Sir, there is a branch of Green Bank here in town. [gives directions again] I can assure you, I was down there just yesterday."
    B: "No! No bank there!"
    Me: "Where are you headed, sir?"
    C: [another store in that direction and in fact right next to the bank] "It wouldn't be hard for me to check. Thank you."
    B: "No bank there! It closed!"

C never came back that day, but I overheard the MOD schooling B on exactly where the bank was (hard to miss).
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

And why does B even care?

Comment

B is obviously a control-freak.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Got it in one. She just likes to have the last word and be right on everything (even if she's horribly wrong).

Apparently today she told a customer that we had run out of the fish that was on sale this week; custy decided not to take her word for it and went to the meat department to talk to Fish Guy himself. We had plenty of fish that had been cleaned and packaged; it just hadn't been put out yet. Customer bought about $80 worth.

The customer didn't get a chance to complain (or maybe didn't think that complaining was warranted) but I overhead both Fish Guy and SM ripping into B earlier this evening.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
        X