This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yucky coffee

So, CW opened up a new case of coffee today, and people started complaining it smelled and tasted off. So she made herself a cup, and agreed it was off.

She held a bag of grinds up to my nose and it smelled...not like something I would want to consume. I think the coffee there is crap anyway, but this smelled foul. As far as we can tell, it's just one batch, as a case with a different batch number appears to be fine.

Personally, I think that if we still had Coffee Guy (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=85398), he could've used his magical coffee powers to prevent this.

Fortunately, Boss Man ordered a ton of coffee last order, so we should be okay until next order even if it takes a while to get replacement cases.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I wouldn't have made a cup and drunk it, 'cause who knows what was wrong with it? ew
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      I wouldn't have made a cup and drunk it, 'cause who knows what was wrong with it? ew
      I had that thought. Even with my allergies, I could smell it. Why CW didn't notice it smelled that bad before she made a pot confounds me. I know CW, one of the housekeepers, and Boss Man all tried some, so if they are dead in the morning we know where to point the blame.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Maybe it's that goom-whah coffee: Kopi Luwak.
        Last edited by dalesys; 01-14-2012, 03:08 PM.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

That's what I was thinking.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            Maybe it's that goom-whah coffee: Kopi Luwak.
            They probably call it that because if they called it poopacino, nobody would ever buy it.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I dunno, that actually sounds pretty funny ... "I'd like a short poopacino, please!"

The article says it's aromatic, which doesn't sound like the description offered in the initial post -- unless we have very different definitions of "aromatic."

Comment

Kopi luwak is too expensive to be used as an institutional brew. (I've had it, and apart from already knowing the origin there's no way to guess it's not 'normal' coffee)
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

You're shitting me.

Nope. Cats beat me to it.
                  My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

One sign I'd like to see in a breakroom/on a coffee truck/somewhere that serves cheap institutional coffee:

Kopi Luwak is the world's rarest, most expensive, and most highly prized coffee. At the peak of ripeness, the coffee berries are harvested and eaten by civet cats, and the beans are recovered from their droppings. If you say our coffee tastes like shit, we'll take it as a compliment.

One story I read a few months ago was about producing kopi luwak somewhat cheaper - instead of letting the civets roam the plantation and picking up the droppings wherever they land, they'd be kept in cages and fed pre-harvested berries. Of course, that would eliminate the selection factor (eating the fully-ripe berries, avoiding the unripe and started-to-go-off ones), which probably contributes to the quality. The picture accompanying the story showed a bunch of berries ranging from light green to dark red.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

And I thought Folgers was icky.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                        I had that thought. Even with my allergies, I could smell it. Why CW didn't notice it smelled that bad before she made a pot confounds me.
                        Obviously, she wasn't awake enough to smell it. She hadn't had her coffee yet, after all.
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                          Obviously, she wasn't awake enough to smell it. She hadn't had her coffee yet, after all.
                          Sometimes, you need coffee before you can wake up enough to make the coffee.

Comment

Makes me wonder just how desperate someone was for a drink of coffee that they washed such beans off...

Rapscallion

Comment

This coffee tastes like shit.
                              It IS shit.
                              Good. Then it's not just me.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                              X