X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh tomorrow is going to SUCK

I made a mistake at work today and undercharged a customer $10

I was helping a girl who was in her second cash shift and serving customers at the same time and even though I double check every time I use the interact machine I mis-hit a key. They customer didn't notice and/or didn't speak up if she did.

The manager on tomorrow who will deal with it is a hell beast. Every other manager would pull me aside and say "mistakes happen be more careful" this one will treat me like crap ALL DAY and make snarky comments every time she sees me "have you made ANOTHER mistake again?" She already acts like everyone and anything is the biggest inconvience ever, she is rude and hostile in general but my god if you dare make a mistake she will grind you into the ground about it over and over. She will also bring it up at our morning meeting and berate me about it in front of all of the staff.

One co-worker undercharged someone $100 during the christmas rush and she is no longer with our company because this manager made her so miserable about it.

I totally own my mistake, I was rushing (I even remember the customer) and I feel bad that we lost out on money, I just know the punishment will be so freaking painful I'm dreading it. At least I know all of the other staff hate her, even the store manager.

UGH I am going to hear about this for weeks!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

You could always do what other threads have suggested. Write down when she says nasty things to you and when she asked why, tell her your forming a hostile work complaint against her.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
      You could always do what other threads have suggested. Write down when she says nasty things to you and when she asked why, tell her your forming a hostile work complaint against her.
      Considering how snarky this lady can be, telling her that could potentially make her even snarkier, and even attempt to get the OP fired. Best to say that notes are being taken, for the benefit of the company.

Comment

Disciplinary actions are one thing. Creating a hostile work environment is another. Take notes. Lookup up your local laws and company policies.

Of course, come back here and vent when the day is over. Not good to keep it bottled up.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
        X