This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karma?

I don't post much these days, as you've seen. I'm doing full time school (15 hours) at a university and living on campus, I only work on weekends now. And that work is pizza delivery in a sleepy Dallas suburb (though it's still 25 miles each way to/from work from the college town I now reside in).

I've delivered to plenty of parties over the years - most being college or above aged, with a handful of HS parties. If your parents are stupid enough to think you won't throw a party while they're gone, that's their fault.

Tonight I took a $75 order to what was obviously a HS party. I'm guessing their parents were out of town. But when someone answers the door and says immediately they have no cash to tip me, I get slightly annoyed. I mention "Oh no prob, you can put it on the CC!" - and her boyfriend (I think?) immediately tells her to tip decent because his brother does delivery etc.

$2,10 on a $75 order is a slap in the face. They also asked me repeatedly if I would party/hang out with them. I have an easy 15+ years on these guys, so that translates into "hey will you buy us beer if we flash a little underage boob?". I just smile and say "Nah, gotta work for awhile, and I have some good weed at home anyway, but thanks". It was around 7pm and there's already a dude walking around wearing nothing but boxers in the house, maybe a bit lower than he should in front of me (I mean, I like dudes and all), we'll just say the bushes didn't get any trimming.

There's a police scanner app available for every smartphone now. I happen to have such an app. On my way home a few hours later, I started that app and started listening to the police radio for the city I deliver in. I'd be lying if I didn't LOL when I heard that same address mentioned - a noise complaint turned into a bunch of kids trying to run every which way when the cops showed up. I'm not asking anyone to admit it, but I know I'm not the only one here who's tried to run when cops show up to bust a party. They really, really hate it when you run from them - unless you know damn well you can get away (at a party anyway), you're usually better off talking to them politely.

welcome to my world 4 closing and one short shift per week. the above story is esp true during the summer or school breaks like Christmas or spring break or Monday holidays.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
    X