No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a conversation with one of my roommates about this neighbor...

Because this roommate had previously been working more closing shifts at his job, and because when he's not at work or out of the house, he's usually in his room on the other side of the house, he wasn't as familiar with Honkson McHonkface as the rest of us.

I'm there in the family room, chatting with Roommate while my soup was cooking, and I hear Honkson's car door close, and then-- honk, honk.

J2K: "Ah, I see [Honkson] is home."
    RM: "What?"
    J2K: "Every time the guy gets home, he clicks his remote and makes it honk, at least three or four times, every time."

We continued chatting for a minute or so, when-- honk, honk.

J2K: "There it is."
    RM: "Were you waiting for him to come back?"
    J2K: "Not as such, but I'm not surprised he came back. I dunno if he's OCD or what, but it's annoying as f**k."
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Train your dog. Or if you choose to just yell at your dog like that's teaching them something, at least put a leash on that dog when you let it out. I just watched my neighbor's little yappy dog nearly get hit by not one, not two, but THREE cars. Normally my complex doesn't have that many cars go through in such a small space of time, but it was a perfect storm. I don't want your poor dog to die because you can't be bothered to train it or put a leash on.

Seriously though, yelling "NO" isn't training.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• CNA=Colossally Noisy Asshole?
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          Train your dog. Or if you choose to just yell at your dog like that's teaching them something, at least put a leash on that dog when you let it out. I just watched my neighbor's little yappy dog nearly get hit by not one, not two, but THREE cars. Normally my complex doesn't have that many cars go through in such a small space of time, but it was a perfect storm. I don't want your poor dog to die because you can't be bothered to train it or put a leash on.

Seriously though, yelling "NO" isn't training.
          Many decades ago (I was a teenager) we had a neighbour with one of this yappy little beasts. My bedroom was in the corner of the house right next to their yard. They would let the dog out for an hour or so at night, and it would rush over to the corner nearest our house and yap ... and yap ... and yap ... and yap ...

I would never actually hurt an animal but my thoughts towards and about that dog were very VERY unpleasant ...
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
            ... my thoughts towards and about that dog were very VERY unpleasant ...
            "Hello?
            Door-To-Door Taxidermy?
            I have a job for you..."
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• We had a neighbor who had a dog that barked day and night at its own house. That poor dog was begging for attention from its owner. I did not see the neighbor pay any attention to that dog.

Remember, people: your dog is not a toy.
              This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• Quoth catcul View Post
                We had a neighbor who had a dog that barked day and night at its own house. That poor dog was begging for attention from its owner. I did not see the neighbor pay any attention to that dog.
                That poor dog.
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
                  "Hello?
                  Door-To-Door Taxidermy?
                  I have a job for you..."

Might be a good thing that I never thought of that ...
                  ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• It's 9:30 at night, the back courtyard smells like pork rinds and someone's enthusiastically using a circular saw. (hoping the two are unrelated but you never know around here...)

Yes, there are renovations going on but we were promised by management that there would be no work on weekends and never after 5PM. The brain trusts that they hired have so far caused two power outages, one leak, left the back security door wide open twice (once resulting in an electrician having his tools stolen) and are currently propping it open using a nail in the basement wall tied to the doorknob, which is why we think it breaks so often.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• I see we're starting up with the earth-shattering bass every night at 10:45 again. I'm not going down without a fight. You are NOT going to rob me of sleep. My body already does that. It will not be added to. I will call the authorities every single night if I have to and tell them you tend to sit with the engine on in the parking lot for half an hour, leave for 20 minutes, and come back and do the same. I'm putting a bug in their ear so they watch you. I think you're up to no good.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Was waiting for the elevator today, on my way to work, when I heard the neighbour across the hall opening her door.

This is the woman who is the prime suspect regarding the "Stinks!!" note left on my door (for several reasons).

"Somebody's going to wooooork," she said in that singsong voice that people normally used on a three-year-old.

Unfortunately she also wanted to use the elevator.

So we're riding down, and I'm responding to her comments as briefly as possible, when a young-ish man gets on. He's got a small armload of stuff, including a pillow. He explains that somebody was getting rid of some stuff and he's taking it to people whom he knows are in need of it.

Obnoxious Bitch: "Oh, I never donate. I think the more you donate the more they expect. That's my philosophy!" And she looked at us with that smug smile that says, "Of course you agree with me, right?"

Neither of us said anything.

Choke on it, lady.
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• May Karma run over her Dogma
                          My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                            I would never actually hurt an animal but my thoughts towards and about that dog were very VERY unpleasant ...
                            I had to remind myself that the dogs were not responsible, it was the owners. Remind myself over and over. The first couple of years I lived in CA, there was a neighbor with two small yappers. That they left in their back yard overnight. All night. Every night. And they WOULD NOT SHUT UP.

I got sick of it and started calling the cops. After about the fourth time they showed up (they didn't always come) the owners got the message.

My wife also called the cops on a beagle that was left outside all day every day. Beagles are hunting dogs, and can make one hell of a racket when they are unhappy. The poor thing was miserable. All day, every day. And my wife worked from home, so...
                            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                              I had to remind myself that the dogs were not responsible, it was the owners. Remind myself over and over. The first couple of years I lived in CA, there was a neighbor with two small yappers. That they left in their back yard overnight. All night. Every night. And they WOULD NOT SHUT UP.

I got sick of it and started calling the cops. After about the fourth time they showed up (they didn't always come) the owners got the message.

My wife also called the cops on a beagle that was left outside all day every day. Beagles are hunting dogs, and can make one hell of a racket when they are unhappy. The poor thing was miserable. All day, every day. And my wife worked from home, so...
                              A young couple I knew years ago decided they wanted a beagle. I don't think they had done any research on the breed. They would take the dog for a walk in a nearby very large park and the dog would often get away (don't know if they -- stupidly -- let it off the leash or if it just yanked the leash out of their hands) and they would chase it for an hour or two before it finally decided it had had enough.

So, apparently, the walks got shorter and shorter and further and further apart. So what resulted was an extremely high-energy dog locked up in a house (or possibly condo; can't remember now) for much of the time.

At some point, in his acute boredom, the dog ate a small throw rug.

Emergency surgery, intensive follow-up care, and a massive vet bill followed.

I heard about this third-hand so am not sure of what ultimately transpired: did they keep the dog? Did they gain some badly-needed knowledge of what a beagle requires in terms of exercise and training? Or did they find it a better home?

Personally, I'd hope the latter.
                              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• For a couple of years I had a Harrier mix, of which the vet said “harrier, tall beagle, same difference.” She was dragging me out for walks so often that I wound up getting foot injuries....

Comment

Working...
                                X