Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does that EIGHT YEAR OLD have broken legs...?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does that EIGHT YEAR OLD have broken legs...?

Saw some dude pushing a kid in a baby stroller at work today...and the "baby" in question looked about eight years old.

For the record, the stroller looked akin to this:

Kid, of course, had his face buried in a smart phone. And this kid did not appear to be mentally or physically challenged in any way from a cursory glance, he looked like a normal eight-ish kid.

Fuck's WRONG with parents these days?! I couldn't imagine how mortified I'd be at that age if my parents were pushing me through a grocery store in a goddamn stroller. It's like that line in the recent Good Boys, where one of the 12-year-old protagonists yells at one point, "This isn't a sippy-cup, it's a fucking JUICE BOX, because I'm no longer an INFANT!"

Can you say 'helicopter parents in development?' This kid is going to fail at life, HARD.

It's been said before and it'll be said long after I'm gone.... "I fear for future generations."

Comment

Or the child could have a hip problem that isn't obvious from the outside. But those kids tend to have something more like a wheelchair...
      My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Yeah. I would think stuffing a kid with hip problems into something like that would just make their condition a whole lot worse.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

If a kid is out of diapers, he shouldn't be in a goddamn stroller.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
            If a kid is out of diapers, he shouldn't be in a goddamn stroller.
            agreed! It sounds like they have two good legs to WALK with. I would never push a kid that big in a stroller. Damn, either people let their kids run wild and pay no attention at all, or they baby them to death.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth YamiNoHime View Post
              Or the child could have a hip problem that isn't obvious from the outside. But those kids tend to have something more like a wheelchair...
              Or even prolems with the ankles so no positioning aids needed, just limited standing/walking times.
              ludo ergo sum

Comment

Not all handicaps are obvious, or even visible.

Comment

You mean like one of these. That's a $1,600 pediatric wheelchair. https://www.indemedical.com/Convaid-Cruiser_p_2372.html
                  Last edited by judecat; 10-05-2019, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X