This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been a while.

Hello CSers! So, I'm under a different username, but some may remember me as Eevie a couple years back where I worked in an aquarium and helped out in my high school front office where I had a couple of stories there as well. I left this site for a couple of reasons. One, I'm massively ADD and to sit down and write something out is a bit of a process, I stressed myself with a bunch of stuff I felt the need to write which wasn't that fun. The bigger reason was I was about 18 when I left, I could tell I was in a bit of a transition period, I felt I had some growing up to do, more experience in the trenches before I could pretend to know what I was talking about :P

So, since then I've left the aquarium (and believe me that is a shit show of a story that will be told soon enough!) and started working in a gift store of sorts often frequented by soccer moms and sweet little old ladies. It was a pleasant change from the pissed off parents and screaming children! Not only that, but I have a side job of sorts as a moderator on Twitch for a few channels, some more active and busy than others, but I've had a few noteworthy situations I've had to settle that you guys might like, especially since one of my streamers uses me to PM our troublemakers (as opposed to banning them right off the bat. Everyone deserves a second chance, even though they usually still screw it up) since I have a “firm but fair” approach she really likes. I don't think she'll mind me sharing them as long as I keep everything anonymous.

Anyway that's my situation now! Happy to be back and to share my many, many stories from the aquarium (where I earned the nickname “The Crazy Magnet” if that says anything. Joy.) and my current jobs!
    Some people just need a high five.

In the face with the back of a chair.

Welcome back! ^_^
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I had great fun spending my 45th (?) birthday at the Monterey Bay Aquarium! They gave me a birthday button and everything, treating me like a big kid! I loved it.
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
        I had great fun spending my 45th (?) birthday at the Monterey Bay Aquarium! They gave me a birthday button and everything, treating me like a big kid! I loved it.
        Ooooo! The Monterey Bay Aquarium is one that's on my bucket list to visit! That and the visit the Georgia Aquarium again, which is the largest aquarium in the world. I want to visit again and I'm pretty sure you can pay to stay the night there. I'd do it in a heartbeat! The aquarium I worked at was pretty small and catered to little kids, but hey, I learned a lot working there so that was nifty.
        Some people just need a high five.

In the face with the back of a chair.

Comment

Hello again.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I remember you! Welcome back!
            Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
            Monterey Bay Aquarium is a lovely place. I hope to take my son there one day.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Hey it's our favorite sewing lady! Welcome back!
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
              X