X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People Suck!

Longtime lurker, first time poster

BG: I own a small business that sells outdoor playground equipment. We sell and install the sets in the customers backyard.
    As a favor to our business partner we all install sets bought at "big box toy store"

Customer calls and schedules install for toy store set. We schedule everything, no problems.

Week of scheduled install comes, and it rains and rains and rains somemore. If it did not rain again till August this part of the country would be fine. Needless to say installs are falling way behind. Customer calls on first dry day.

Customer (sc) Why isn't there anyone here doing my install?
    Me (me) What is your name?
    SC: blah blah
    Me: Sir, your install is for tommorow, due to rain we are running behind.
    SC: I'm going to cancel then
    Me: OK
    SC: What?
    Me: Sir, if you want to cancel then thats fine
    SC: click

Five minutes later
    SC: Who did you tell that our install would be tommorow,
    Me: Sir, I have been in constant contact with your wife, she was well aware that your install would be on the second day without rain
    SC: I'm calling tthe Better Business Bureau , returning set, Big box store,
    Me: Sir, I'm sorry you feel that way, but I cannot control the rain. Due to the amount of rain we got, installing your set before today would have caused your wood to sink into ground causing a structral failure
    SC: Click

SC then goes to big box store, lies to them saying we don't install their product, funny that as thats all we have been doing, but he did call the corporate office which came down on business partner and looks like big box store is no longer allowed to recommond us

Quoth mrstrish View Post
    SC then goes to big box store, lies to them saying we don't install their product, funny that as thats all we have been doing, but he did call the corporate office which came down on business partner and looks like big box store is no longer allowed to recommond us
    Oooh....

You now have a very clear-cut case of slander and if the SC has the money to pay for purchase and installation of playground equipment for hit tykes, I am willing to bet that he is also worth bringing a case against.

At the very least, you can get a court order to make him admit that he lied about whether you said you install that equipment or not.

As for how much to claim in damages, you can just base it on how many installations you got based on those referrals. That should be fairly easy to determine from records of past years.

Oh, and to CS.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Provable damages ... oops.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth mrstrish View Post
        SC: I'm going to cancel then
        Me: OK
        SC: What?
        Me: Sir, if you want to cancel then thats fine
        SC: click
        Oh, you didn't actually want to cancel? You just wanted to piss and moan to get a discount or something? Jerk.
        Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Working...
        X