X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange New Concepts via E-mail

More strange e-mails from cable and high-speed customers:

Email: "Please fix my cable as soon as possible because I have an at-risk husband."

Email: “I know my payment is late, but I would like to offer a pre-payment for the late fee.”

Email: “I send emails to myself at home throughout the day from work & lately I haven’t been receiving or sending emails from myself and I would like to know why not.”

Email: “Your remote control is simply the most uncomfortable to use on the planet. The location of the numbers is so far down that it is very difficult to access them by thumb or any other digit within the finger family. Someone who actually uses remotes should sit down with this baby and ask themselves if they enjoy using it.”

Email: “I am tired of your high-speed service not working. I am losing work and other items. This is no way for you to run a railroad.”
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post
    Email: “I am tired of your high-speed service not working. I am losing work and other items. This is no way for you to run a railroad.”
    All aboard the crazy train!

Comment

Email: “I send emails to myself at home throughout the day from work & lately I haven’t been receiving or sending emails from myself and I would like to know why not.”
      That literally made me laugh out loud. Thanks for sharing.

Did someone have to try and answer that one ?

Victoria J

Comment

Email: “I know my payment is late, but I would like to offer a pre-payment for the late fee.”

Well, that's a new one.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
          HAHA! I LOVE Ozzy, btw! Great come back.

Victoria J...yes, I had to answer that customer's e-mail about whether or not she was sending e-mails to herself. Of course, I really just told her to contact tech support! HAHA

Comment

Quoth Victoria J View Post
            I do this often. So does my sister. We have multiple email accounts. We email from one device to another.

She was simply emailing from work email to her ISP email and was not receiving them nor was she getting mail she sent from ISP to her work email.

I know I shouldn't be able to read such bad grammar, but I get emails with this kind of bad grammar all the time.
            I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth LostMyMind View Post
              She was simply emailing from work email to her ISP email and was not receiving them nor was she getting mail she sent from ISP to her work email.
              That must be what she meant, but it sounded like she was saying she wasn't sending any e-mail to herself & wanted ME to tell her why she wasn't doing it. LOL Like I know!

Comment

Quoth Victoria J View Post
                That literally made me laugh out loud. Thanks for sharing.

Victoria J
                My best guess was that she was getting an error message saying 'unable to send' or something similar but I like LostMyMind's answer too
                ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                  Actually, not as 'crazy' as you think - that 'no way to run a railroad' phrase has
                  been around for quite some time. My old man used to say it from time to time.
                  Some situation would be completely FUBAR, and he'd mutter, "This is no way
                  to run a railroad' as he set about fixing it. And no, paps didn't work for the
                  railroad - but GRANDpappy did (he worked for Pullman). Got a pretty good idea
                  where the old man got it from....

Comment

Call me crazy, but this one actually made sense to me... I think he/she wanted to pay the late fee immediately and then pay the rest when they could.
                    MMO Addicts group

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                      Actually I sorta get that one.
                      I use to do it myself .
                      Work computers didn't like any external device to save work on , wouldn't save anything permanently(come back next day and the files gone/ corrupted), so the only solution was to temporally save it and e-mail it to an external hot mail account .Vice versa for wanting to use saved work, e-mail it to work e-mail account system and open the attachment.
                      Please excuse me , I need to wander round the corner to scream now, before my head explodes.

Comment

Working...
                      X