This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    He then started tantruming about how there should be a warning sign on the till if it's been cleaned, paid for his shopping and left.
    I recently posted a rant on Craigslist about issues with customers at my work. Of course one of the issues was people not reading signs. Here is a snippet from an actual email response I got from someone who has obviously never worked retail a day in their life:

"Customers don't have time or interest or reasons to read all your bloody signs. Make things easy for customers and don't expect them to jump through your hoops."

There you have it, folks. If we don't have signs they demand them until they're blue in the face. If we do have signs we're making them jump through hoops.

We can never win against the assholes, and I hope they all discover the joys of online shopping so I never have to see them again.

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
      "Let's see... I could go to the three dry lanes, or I could walk into the one wet one... which means I could be a total douchebag for no reason. I haven't done that in a while."

I think this is the most likely explanation.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

They ALLLL think there should be a sign...

If there was a sign for everything that they think should have a sign the walls would be nothing but signage...

Of course... when there IS a sign, they never see it. (even with 300point bold block lettering on an ultra yellow background)

My favorite was when I was running a register in a video store, and someone tried to return something against policy. When I explained the policy she exclaimed "There should be a sign!" To which I flipped her reciept and pointed out the rules there... then pointed to the big ass sign hanging off her side of te register at eye level. She had to look at it to see me behind the register.

She snatched her dvd back and stormed out.

Besides, what would the sign say?

"Belt is wet, if you don't like wet go to a dry line... dumbass"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
          *giggles, not even letting the whole page load* All I needed was the title bar... damn you! Yes, very deadly it is. Agrees, Yoda does. Hhrrrmmm.
          Penn & tell use the same thing to get hippies/environmentalists to sing a petition to ban dihydroden monxide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi3erdgVVTw

Very funny.

Comment

Yeah; tho I did the whole "fake smile and when I get home, take it to CS.com!" thing rather than retaliate to his stupidity. XD
            Saved my sanity so many times...

Rapscallion

Comment

This board is a real sanity saver.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

This board is a real sanity saver.
                You assume any of us actually have sanity to save.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I have a few grains left; tho, I keep it well hidden. XD
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                    Nevermind that goodness-knows-what has gotten on the clothes from people trying it on, associates with dirty hands thanks to how dusty stuff gets in the store handling the clothing, and clothing being dropped carelessly on the floor by browsing customers or unruly children. It's like the people who handle money, product, etc., yet refuse to touch my pen because "everyone in the world has touched your pen." (Yes, that last was actually said to me once.)
                    I was taught to always separately wash freshly purchased clothes. Never know where its been, what its come in contact with, or if the dye will bleed and so on.
                    And while carrying a bottle of hand sanitizer is said to do nothing (not starting an argument ofc, just there are mixed opinions), its just good practice to wash your hands as often as possible. Its just common sense. Which explains why everyone else doesn't think about it...
                    "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Working...
                    X