This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed Intimidation Roll

Damnit... Had a decent post started, and the damn internets flushed the tubes. I wish it was more like a truck. Anyway, lets start over.

The delightful lady I had to deal with the other day had a problem. She either couldn't read or couldn't be bothers, probably the latter. She was either a liar or had no sense of reality, probably both. All of this came a bit her in the arse real quick too. When it came to scaring me into doing her bidding, she just kept rolling the 1's on her Intimidation checks. On with the show.

Me: Damned tubes. I want a truck!
    SC: Reality impaired.

SC: I place an order on your website, and when I got the order I saw something on the order that made me very upset.
    Me: Alright, well what is the order number.
    SC: *Order number*

Here I can tell she is going to be a peach. Spent $500 with us, over 6 years, in small orders. And she has called about the same problem before.

Me: And what exactly was the problem?
    SC: Well, I placed the order and it came to $55.xx before shipping. Now I see that there is some 6.99 processing charge for being below $60 on my order. If I had known about that then I would have gotten something else.
    Me: I apologize, however it is displayed several times on the web. Once in the shopping cart, in red. Atleast three times during the checkout. And there is a popup before you finish to get your okay on the charge. I cannot credit that back.
    SC: Well I would have added something. Can't you do anything?
    Me: It is displayed prominently in several places. I cannot.
    SC: Can't you just send me a toy?
    Me: I cannot.
    SC: Well is *President* there? Can I speak to him.
    Me: He is not and it would be impossible otherwise.
    SC: Have him call me Monday.
    Me: No.
    SC: Are you going to take the 7 dollar charge off then?
    Me: No, I am not.
    SC: Well you are supposed to keep me happy. I know *President* likes to keep me happy.
    Me: I am sorry, there is nothing I can do.
    SC: What do you mean?! It is your job to keep good customers happy.
    Me: And I do keep our good customers happy.
    SC *oblivious to the slight* Then what are you going to do for me.
    Me: Well... Nothing at this point. There is nothing we can do.
    SC: I want a supervisor.
    Me: You got him.
    SC: I want a manager then.
    Me: I'm that too.
    SC: Who else is there.
    Me: Customer service reps and sales reps.
    SC: Transfer me to one of them then. I want someone different.
    SC: Transfer me!
    Me: I am not going to make one of my reps suffer through your attempt at intimidating us. I am as far as you go.
    SC: Then take that charge off!
    SC: I have several advanced degrees. I would have noticed if it was "displayed prominently"
    Me: Well it is and you didn't, hence why we are here.
    SC: What is your name and extension?!
    Me: Xieg, 1234.
    SC: And who is your boss?
    Me: The call center supervisor.
    SC: Transfer me there.
    Me: Not in until Monday, call back then.
    SC: Take care of this or transfer me to another rep.
    Me: Again, I am not putting them through this. You cannot intimidate us into breaking policy because you ignored the information on the website.
    SC: *click*

Track her account and note it in several places. She will not get what she wants ever at this point. Well, back into the queue for me. A few calls later, her number comes up again as a transfer to the CS queue. I answer.

Me: Persistant, aren't we?
    SC: *click*

She hasn't called back yet. And if she did, she didn't get her credit.

Whoo, Kudos. I'd love to have been able to talk like that to some of the rockheads I had to deal with in my call center days.
    Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Sounds like you were getting natural 20s all the way!

Keep talking nerdy to me.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        Keep talking nerdy to me.
        * rolls the curtain around the room * keep moving over children, nothing to see here.
        I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

FAIL on her part. You rock!
          "Because that's how magical meteoric size-altering space goo works." IMDB Message boards.

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
            * rolls the curtain around the room * keep moving over children, nothing to see here.
            What a dirty little mind you have, Bliss. I like it.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

She should have known better than to make an intimidate check with no ranks and a charisma penalty.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

This is what happens when stupid people buy trick dice with two 1's instead of two 20's... way to go, man!
                Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Wow... MAJOR pwnage!!

Comment

I highly doubt she rolled all those natural ones. I think the more likely scenario is that you have more HD of disgruntled CS than you give yourself credit for, and have the aura of courage class feature.

But considering the attitude she copped... yeah... She could have rolled a 20 and still failed.
                    "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

SC: Well you are supposed to keep me happy. I know *President* likes to keep me happy.
                      What goes on between you and my boss is none of my buisness
                      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

She sounds like she has negative charisma in real life too
                        Op.125

Comment

Well those advanced degrees brought her far in life didn't they?
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                            What a dirty little mind you have, Bliss. I like it.
                            im jealose....

Comment

Lmao I'm gonna have to start a thread in off-topic just to find out how many rp-ers we've got on these boards XD
                              ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Working...
                              X