This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are all the games?

I'm working at the moment at the Gaming Store. It's a lovely time. We have a Pokemon pre-release tournament happily being played. We have a D&D game being played and we have other gamers gaming.

2 kids walk into the store. They're wandering around, looking, like kids will do. The younger of the 2 (i'd say about 10 or 12) comes up to us, throws his arms up in the air and says in an exasperated voice: "Where are the games!?"

C & I just stopped our conversation, blinked at him, blinked at each other and C says "They're everywhere. We have every game possible except for video games."

The 2 guys look around again for 2 seconds and walk back out. Defeated in their quest for video games (even though we have 3 Game Stops, a Best Buy, a Circuit City, 1 Wal-Mart, 1 K-mart and 1 Target all within a 2 mile (if that) radius of the store.

*le sigh* Isn't that like walking into a bookstore and asking where the books are?

God save me from video gamers.*

*Don't get me wrong, I love video games. I play them, my husband plays them & we're trying to get our daughter to play kiddie ones. But really. If you walk into a store and search every single nook and cranny and don't see video games, shouldn't you assume there aren't any in the store you're in?

We keep getting people coming in asking for cell phone accessories. They look and look and look and then say, "Excuse me, but where are your cell phone chargers?!"

Um. Not at Gamestop?

It is kind of sad most of the next generation of gamers don't even know that tabletop games exist. I don't play them myself but I've watched my brother participate in quite a few games, it's very interesting and he always has more fun than anything.
    Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

I like tabletop games. They make me happy.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Tabletop requires less work than getting old games to work on XP mind you.
        Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

Comment

Table top games are 'spensive to get in to now-a-days though. Used to be for D&D you needed three books, a couple sets of dice, paper and pencils. Before my roommate moved out he had more than 50 books for 3rd edition (it was his goal to have every book). So I can see why parents are reluctant to introduce their kids to them these days. But for kids to be that unobservant? They probably wanted GTA IV. (Not knocking the game, just the kids who want it when they're way too young).
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            Table top games are 'spensive to get in to now-a-days though.
            <cough>Warhammer<cough>

sorry, had something stuck in my throat.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Killer Bunnies, FTW!
              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I'm a big fan of Teenagers From Outer Space and Toon, myself.

Both complete with a single rulebook with a penchant for the silly.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                  Killer Bunnies, FTW!
                  Damn straight! My friends just introduced me to that...what, two weeks ago now? LOVE that game!
                  Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
                  --Unknown

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                    <cough>Warhammer<cough>

sorry, had something stuck in my throat.
                    Would you like some water there?

<cough>MTG*<cough> Hm, I seem to have something caught in my throat too.

*I'm an avid player of this game, so I know how pricey it can get trying to stay up with the times.
                    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                      Would you like some water there?

<cough>MTG*<cough> Hm, I seem to have something caught in my throat too.

*I'm an avid player of this game, so I know how pricey it can get trying to stay up with the times.
                      It's only that costly if you have an active MTG community. Where I live now there is no MTG community. I still have almost a whole box of unopened Morningtide because I was saving it for drafting. I hate cities, but I really need to move closer to civilization...or at least other gamers.

Comment

I used to until about a year ago now. But I still have my DCI card and I now play house games with XXDarrienX. (BF doesn't play)

Just because I live in city doesn't mean I actually get a chance to play in tournaments anymore. Houston is lousy for FNM, Arena Tournaments, ectra. I usually wind up stuck working those days too.

But I have a black deck that'll kick the pants off any body.

Comment

Monopoly, RISK. .... MTG is getting way too expensive... and... people are not that nice as they used to be... so cut throat

Comment

Quoth uthdentroll View Post
                            Monopoly, RISK. .... MTG is getting way too expensive... and... people are not that nice as they used to be... so cut throat
                            I'll agree with that. It's like people forget that it's a card game.

I like Fluxx and Chrononauts. They're the best card games to play.

Comment

Nuclear War (multiple copies plus ALL expansions and a bunch of expansion packs). Nothing like SuperGerm!
                              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Working...
                              X