Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah. I've got an RPG that requires one book. And you can legally download that one from the publisher. Fudge. Oh, and the downloadable version is at this link.

Best of all? Works for all RPG settings from far flung future to prehistoric/captain caveman, sci-fi to steam punk to fantasy. Just requires a GM who can fly by the seat of his pants to keep up with the players.

Comment

Another fun card game is .... um.... gah!

There's a card-based word game that I like to describe as "pirate scrabble." I can't, for the life of me, remember what it's called, however, and my Google-fu has failed me.

The basic idea is that a player tries to form a word with the cards in his hand, the longer, the better. There area lot of fun rules, like you can steal words from other players, or build on them, or cancel them entirely, and the letters have colors and multipliers in addition to points. Good stuff.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Munchkin is where its at. Although I do like a good game of D&D and Killer Rabbits looked interesting.

Comment

Quoth Gost2036 View Post
          Munchkin is where its at. Although I do like a good game of D&D and Killer Rabbits looked interesting.
          Another Munchkin fan!

I just got Munchkin 5 & 6 and Munchkin dice, and Munchkin Chtulhu with both expansions. Now I just need some opponents.

I have a ton of interesting board games , and a wife that doesn't play board games .
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Come to think of it, it's fairly true that tabletop games are surpassing video games cost wise. ><

Kind of a bummer, really.

Oh well, you can still play Battletech with a single boxed set at least.

I have a big ass box of Magic cards in my closet that vary in age from 8-12 years old. I should probably dig them out and see if I can sell them. They're pretty damn old cards but they're all in plastic so they're in great shape still.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              Oh well, you can still play Battletech with a single boxed set at least.
              You play Battletech??!!!? I'll be there next week. Save me a spot on your couch.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                You play Battletech??!!!? I'll be there next week. Save me a spot on your couch.
                Haven't in quite some time. My dusty old box sets are in storage from lack of use. ><

I got my first Battletech boxed set when I was only 6 or 7. Had no clue how play it when I first got it. I only got it because it had giant robots. -.-

The only thing I distinctly remember learning was the "Death From Above!" move and that you could club other Battlemechs with dismembered limbs.

I loved that boxed set. It came with tons and tons of those little Battlemech fold over cardboard figures that you stuck in the little black rubber stands. Then you had to stick the little House symbols into the stand on them too. The House symbols were tiny. -.-

The second edition of the boxed set ( Which I also got later on ) had little hard plastic stands. But the cardboard mechs were actually outlines, they weren't square anymore! Glee!

My original set was back when they had permission from Harmony Gold to use mech designs from Robotech. So it had Veritechs and Destroids in it.

I still have my Spartan, Riflemen and Tomahawk Destroid toys in my closet... <cough>

Comment

Used to be for D&D you needed three books, a couple sets of dice, paper and pencils. Before my roommate moved out he had more than 50 books for 3rd edition (it was his goal to have every book).
                  Yeah, but you don't need others to play. The reason that there are so many is that Wizards tries to release one hardcover D&D related supplement a month. While this does include the minis, that still results in such travesties as The Book of Vile Darkness and Libris Mortis (a.k.a. Of the Book of the Dead, not a typo, just poor Latin)
                  Last edited by ArcticChicken; 05-18-2008, 04:44 PM.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                    I have a big ass box of Magic cards in my closet that vary in age from 8-12 years old. I should probably dig them out and see if I can sell them. They're pretty damn old cards but they're all in plastic so they're in great shape still.
                    How much you want for them?

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      Another Munchkin fan!

I just got Munchkin 5 & 6 and Munchkin dice, and Munchkin Chtulhu with both expansions. Now I just need some opponents.

I have a ton of interesting board games , and a wife that doesn't play board games .
                      I want to learn how to play Munchkin!!

Where inside the Beltway are you located? I'm in Northern Virginia. PM me with details if you'd like.

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
                        Bah. I've got an RPG that requires one book. And you can legally download that one from the publisher. Fudge. Oh, and the downloadable version is at this link.
                        Pedersen, I swear, you have the best links. I'm downloading this puppy and printing it out (all 107 pages) when I get to work.

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        Another Munchkin fan!

2 things.
                        1: I'm a big Munchkin fan! I'll play!

And, 2: dude, you should convert your wife so that she plays. She'd like them, honest!

Has anyone ever played Ninja Burger? It's a good game too.
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I still have my painted Battlemech minis somewhere. Me and my mates were into it big time. We even went on a Battletech holiday to the US, to visit the BT centre in Chicago and play BT at Gencon. We got ot look round FASA HQ too.
                          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                            I'm a big fan of Teenagers From Outer Space and Toon, myself.

Both complete with a single rulebook with a penchant for the silly.

^-.-^
                            Paranoia is a grand old tabletop RPG that fits those same criteria ^_^ seriously, the game is sheer madness
                            ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Table top games are 'spensive to get in to now-a-days though.
                              Try the Window (http://www.mimgames.com/window/). It's absolutely free and it can be made to fit in with any genre, be it fantasy, sci-fi, pokemon, whatever. Aside from that, I can feel your friend's pain about wanting every book. All you really need is the main books to have a good time. Everything after that is purely supplemental with most gaming systems.

Comment

Quoth Dorath View Post
                                How much you want for them?
                                My collection is in about the same range. Purchasing, it depends on how you want to buy them. Bulk, $10 per 100 cards (I have roughly the standard 11-3-1 ratio of cards— I didn't do much singles purchasing). If you want to cherry-pick, roughly the going retail rate, though my favorites will get bumped a bit higher. My sliver deck, giant fan deck, and goblin deck don't leave the house. (Individual goblins can leave... but nobody touches the Goblin Bowling Team.)

I'm in the central to SW Ohio area.
                                Last edited by Gurndigarn; 05-18-2008, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X